OverviewQueensland Government Procurement Officer – Office of the Chief Information Office Full Time in Brisbane QLD
Branch Brisbane QLD AU
Procurement Officer – Office of the Chief Information Office
Supports strategic direction – Understands and supports the organisation’s vision, business objectives and the work environment….
Principal responsibilities of this role
- Ensure that purchase requests for ICT goods and services are processed in a timely manner to meet agreed service levels with stakeholders.
- Liaise effectively with, and provide assistance and advice to customers in relation to day-to-day procurement activities, policies and procedures, quotes, orders and deliveries, whilst emphasising a customer-focused approach.
- Ensure all asset details are maintained accurately in the system, within established timeframes. Assist the team with regular asset stocktakes and asset disposals as required.
- Liaise with a variety of ICT vendors and internal Finance teams in regards to quotes, delivery of goods, invoicing, stockroom maintenance and goods receipting.
- Confidently use a variety of systems to process purchase orders and update asset details for ICT goods and services, including systems like or similar to SAP, Service Now and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Participate in a team environment where all members work closely to support the Department’s objectives.
How will you be assessed for this role?
Your merit will be assessed based on the following key capabilities:
- Technical/role specific – A good understanding of and experience with ICT procurement and the Asset Management Lifecycle in a fast paced environment.
- Supports strategic direction – Understands and supports the organisation’s vision, business objectives and the work environment. Knows where to find relevant policies and guidelines, and uses common sense and established processes to determine the course of action.
- Achieves results – Sees tasks through to completion and works within agreed priorities to achieve timely and quality outcomes for clients.
- Supports productive working relationships – Develops positive relationships with team members, stakeholders and clients and is responsive to changes in client and stakeholder needs and expectations. Provides courteous, prompt and professional service to clients.
- Displays personal drive and integrity – Provides impartial and forthright advice to clients, takes personal responsibility for accurate completion of work, seeking feedback and responding positively to guidance.
- Communicates with influence – Identifies relevant stakeholders, seeks to understand varying stakeholder needs and tailors communication styles and message accordingly, both verbal and written.
Applications to remain current for 12 months. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Brisbane, QLD, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-14