OverviewQueensland Government Pathology Assistant Temporay in Cairns QLD
Branch Cairns QLD AU
Pathology Queensland also participates in education, training and clinical research. Health Support Queensland delivers a wide range of diagnostic, scientific,…
Health Support Queensland delivers a wide range of diagnostic, scientific, clinical support and payroll services to enable the delivery of frontline health care. The commercialised business unit provides critical services to Hospital and Health Services, other government agencies, commercial clients and the community.
Pathology Queensland provides comprehensive diagnostic pathology testing and services via a single, integrated state-wide network. Pathology Queensland also participates in education, training and clinical research.
To be successful in this position, we are looking for applicants who can demonstrate the following:
- A working knowledge of, or demonstrated ability to quickly learn all aspects of pre analytical specimen processing.
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions and work conscientiously and accurately with minimal local supervision.
- Demonstrated data entry skills and in the use of Microsoft Office applications, i.e. Word and Excel.
- Ability to effectively use or quickly acquire the ability to use the laboratory information system (Auslab).
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal and communication skills to enable effective interaction within a work group and between clients.
- Work in a manner displaying integrity; complying with ethical and behavioural standards, respecting patient confidentiality and the importance of patient results.
Mandatory qualifications/professional registration/other requirements
Queensland Health staff will be required to participate in shift, on-call and or weekend roster arrangements. In some circumstances and following consultation Queensland Health staff maybe required to participate in 24 hour shift.
Participate in the weekend/public holiday roster.
To be eligible for permanent appointment to Pathology Queensland applicants must provide proof of Australian citizenship or permanent residency.
Vaccine preventable diseases (VPD)
It may be a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against the following vaccine preventable diseases during their employment: Hepatitis A & B, Measles, Mumps, Pertussis, Rubella and Varicella.
Additional vaccinations including Japanese Encephalitis and Rabies may also be required for this position.
Existing staff that are engaged prior to 1 July 2016 are not subject to this condition of employment unless they apply for a role with VPD requirements that is with a different Queensland Health entity (i.e. one HHS to another HHS, Department to a HHS, or HHS to Department). This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Cairns, QLD, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-16