OverviewQueensland Government Outpatient Waitlist Officer Temporay in Brisbane QLD
Branch Brisbane QLD AU
Outpatient Waitlist Officer
Proficiency or ability to rapidly acquire skills in the use of multiple Clinical Information systems utilised for administrative purposes….
Children’s Health Queensland Hospital and Health Service (CHQ HHS) is a recognised leader in paediatric healthcare, teaching and research. With a dedicated team of more than 4,000 people, our point of difference is in the way we provide care to children, young people and their families every day.
You will fulfil the accountabilities of this rolein accordance with the CHQ HHS core values and as outlined below:
- To provide excellent customer focus in a friendly and helpful manner, maintain the ability to communicate clearly and confidently with parents, patients, members of the public and departmental staff both in person and over the telephone.
- Communicate professionally with external stakeholders (patients and carers) ensuring every interaction improves ‘the patient experience’ and aligns with improved patient and family-centred care principles
- Manage and track correspondence to and from patients regarding audit letters using Microsoft suite and Microsoft SharePoint and the corporately approved Practice Management Software (HBCIS/ ESM)
- This role requires frequent telephone communication with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders, ensuring all communication is professional and reflects ‘child and family-centred care’
The Successful Candidate
- You will have demonstrated a history of providing professional telephony-based communication to a wide variety of stakeholders with the ability to consult and negotiate with staff from other departments
- Demonstrated ability to be a problem-solver, transferrable to a healthcare environment where every identified record may be different and associated accurate data entry
- Proficiency or ability to rapidly acquire skills in the use of multiple Clinical Information systems utilised for administrative purposes. (E.g. HBCIS, ieMR, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Word/Excel).
- Ability to work effectively with limited supervision, meet deadlines and work towards multiple competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage work to strict deadlines and within time-based staged workflows
- Understanding of, or the ability to rapidly acquire an understanding of referrals to gain entry into a Specialist appointment
What CHQ HHS can offer
Apart from contributing to the development of Australia’s best paediatric health service, you will also benefit from a competitive remuneration package and a working environment which embraces professional development, builds capabilities and supports staff to maximise their health and wellbeing. Additional benefits include:
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Salary packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work/life balance, variety and flexibility
Click apply now or for more information, contact Ben Reid on 3068 4201.
Job Ad Reference: H16CHQ230280
You can find out more about why it’s so great to work at CHQ HHS here.
Some roles within Queensland Health are designated as ‘Vaccination Preventable Disease (VPD) risk roles’. A VPD risk role is a role in which the incumbent may be exposed to the risk of acquisition and/or transmission of a VPD. Please refer to the attached Role Description for more information and what requirements may exist. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Brisbane, QLD, AU
Posted on: 2016-12-22