OverviewQueensland Government Manager (Program Support) Full Time in Brisbane QLD
Branch Brisbane QLD AU
Manager (Program Support)
The Program Support Team consists of Finance, Human Resources, Business Improvement and Governance, Project Controls and Stakeholder Management teams….
With over 2.4 million Queenslanders now calling greater Brisbane home, the Metropolitan Region is committed to delivering the best outcomes for Queensland. Metropolitan Region is responsible for the delivery of a $470m infrastructure program and an operating budget of approximately $8m.
In this role, you are accountable for Metropolitan’s multi-functional Program Support team, consisting of approximately 50 staff, with 5 team leaders reporting directly to you. The Program Support Team consists of Finance, Human Resources, Business Improvement and Governance, Project Controls and Stakeholder Management teams.
To be successful in this role, you will have the demonstrated ability to lead and direct high level program support service activities, exercise operational control, provide strategic perspective and identify and implement business improvement initiatives. Metropolitan is looking for a dynamic and personable leader with strong communication skills and the demonstrated ability to collaborate across the breadth of the business.
- Lead, co-ordinate and direct program support teams to ensure a positive work environment and efficient delivery of business services within the district.
- Provide authoritative, strategic and operational advice to the District Director, Managers and state-wide networks on program support and business services, including identification and implementation of business improvement initiatives.
- Ensure appropriate governance frameworks are maintained and adhered to in order to monitor compliance with policy, legislation, standards and state-wide processes.
- Determine, monitor and review program support performance and resources to ensure service capacity and capability meets current and future business needs.
- Operate as a member of the District Leadership Team.
- Contribute to and assist in the implementation of change processes taking place across TMR.
- Ensure professional communications support is provided to the Regional Director, District Director and business unit managers and program/project managers.
- Develop and maintain ongoing constructive relationships with other government agencies and jurisdictions, industry, stakeholders, community and internal and external client networks.
For additional information please view the attached role description detailing the role accountabilities and instructions on how to apply for the role.
Applications to remain current for 12 months. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Brisbane, QLD, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-14