OverviewQueensland Government Industry Liaison Coordinator – Caloundra State High School Part Time in Sunshine Coast QLD
Branch Sunshine Coast QLD AU
Industry Liaison Coordinator – Caloundra State High School
Sunshine Coast QLD
Take a lead role in the development and implementation of the Trade Training Centre Business Plan and promotional materials, including marketing and…
You will have responsibility for leading the following activities and undertaking the following key tasks:
- Manage and co-ordinate the day to day operations of the Sunshine Coast Technical Trade Training Centre (including line managing support staff) and co-ordinate the delivery of courses and programs with Registered Training Organisations (RTOs).
- Source Australian School Based Apprenticeships (ASBA) opportunities for prospective students by actively seeking opportunities for student placement in industry and potential School Based Apprenticeships and maintain a current knowledge of legislation relevant to the ASBA program.
- Promote and market the Sunshine Coast Technical Trade Training Centre to seek potential employers and other stakeholders and position School Based Apprenticeships as a career pathway preference for students.
- Develop a governance model and prepare reports for presentation to the governance group, seek sponsorship, develop partnerships with service providers and maintain relationships with employers, training providers and apprenticeship support agencies.
- Provide the Principal with a regular update of program outcomes, identify issues and develop solutions that may impact the success of the program, provide a high level of client support to business and industry partners, and establish feedback loops to ensure continuous improvement.
- Take a lead role in the development and implementation of the Trade Training Centre Business Plan and promotional materials, including marketing and communication strategies and initiatives.
- Work directly with government, industry, business and community groups to form productive partnerships and develop networks to position School Based Apprenticeships as a career pathway choice for students in the North Coast region.
- Contribute to the preparation and presentation of information sessions, Career Expos and Parent Teacher Nights.
- Develop the work experience placement program, including seeking more opportunities, monitoring students in the workplace, arranging visits and manage the preparation, collection and storage of records and data in accordance with relevant policy.
- Work with the Senior School Heads of Department to develop and implement the student induction and work readiness program including organising the employer contribution to the program in the form of visits or presentations.
To apply please provide the following information:
- a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under “How you will be assessed”.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Sunshine Coast, QLD, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-14