OverviewQueensland Government Health Information Liaison Full Time in Brisbane QLD
Branch Brisbane QLD AU
Health Information Liaison
Exceptionally advanced knowledge and technical skills in the classification of diseases and operations using ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS across a variety of clinical…
Children’s Health Queensland Hospital and Health Service (CHQ HHS) is a recognised leader in paediatric healthcare, teaching and research. With a dedicated team of more than 4,000 people, our point of difference is in the way we provide care to children, young people and their families every day.
- Lead the development, implementation and evaluation of education and documentation across these divisions to improve the overall quality of clinical documentation and clinician knowledge of coding and its impact on maximisation of revenue for the hospital. This is essential to promote improved patient care delivery.
- Ensure improved quality of documented clinical data in key hospital service delivery areas to promote data quality, accurate acuity representation, coding accuracy and Diagnosis Related Group optimisation. These functions are crucial to patient, operational and financial management, and for conducting organisation-wide education and information sharing relating to Activity Based Funding.
The Successful Candidate
- Exceptionally advanced knowledge and technical skills in the classification of diseases and operations using ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS across a variety of clinical speciality areas. High level knowledge of state and national developments in ICD-10-AM, activity based funding and the application of these within healthcare management.
- Demonstrated high level experience and ability in developing, implementing, managing and maintaining coding quality improvement activities suitable to an Activity Based Funding.
- Proven ability to identify, plan, develop and deliver training and education to clinical coders and clinicians individually, and in groups, with improved quality outcomes.
- Demonstrated extensive interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills in order to liaise effectively with clinical staff in relation to clinical coding, documentation and activity based funding issues, and coding staff in relation to coding quality activities and coding support.
- Ability to comply with and utilise procedures, polices, regulations and standards including workplace health and safety, equal employment opportunity and anti-discrimination policies.
What CHQ HHS can offer
Apart from contributing to the development of Australia’s best paediatric health service, you will also benefit from a competitive remuneration package and a working environment which embraces professional development, builds capabilities and supports staff to maximise their health and wellbeing. Additional benefits include:
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Salary packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work/life balance, variety and flexibility
Click apply now or for more information, contact Deborah Jeffers on 3068 5741.
Job Ad Reference: H17CHQ239317
You can find out more about why it’s so great to work at CHQ HHS here.
Some roles within Queensland Health are designated as ‘Vaccination Preventable Disease (VPD) risk roles’. A VPD risk role is a role in which the incumbent may be exposed to the risk of acquisition and/or transmission of a VPD. Please refer to the attached Role Description for more information and what requirements may exist. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Brisbane, QLD, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-22