OverviewQueensland Government Director of Nutrition and Food Services Full Time in Gold Coast QLD
Branch Gold Coast QLD AU
Director of Nutrition and Food Services
Gold Coast QLD
It will manage the delivery of Nutrition and Food Services across a major, complex tertiary service, including acute care and community services, within two…
About the role
Provide high level leadership, strategic direction, professional advocacy and clinical leadership for Nutrition and Food Services within the Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service (GCHHS), in alignment with state-wide and national goals and initiatives.
It will manage the delivery of Nutrition and Food Services across a major, complex tertiary service, including acute care and community services, within two hospitals, multiple services and facilities. Ensure that all aspects of the services are coordinated, integrated, and efficient. To meet the professional competencies and standards of speciality services including the standards and competencies of operational staff.
This position is also responsible for providing expert clinical knowledge, skills and professional leadership in the coordinated planning, development, implementation and evaluation of Nutrition and Food Services, supervision and support frameworks, mentoring and continuing professional education and training, and leading research.
Requirements of the role
- Whilst not mandatory, a higher degree qualification in a relevant area of professional clinical practice or management would be highly regarded.
- The successful applicant must possess a degree or graduate diploma (or equivalent) in Nutrition and Dietetics and be eligible for membership of the Dietitians Association of Australia and accredited practising Dietitian (APD) credential. Certified copies of relevant qualification must be provided to the appropriate supervisor/manager, prior to the commencement of clinical duties.
- This position requires the incumbent to operate a government vehicle and an appropriate licence endorsement to operate this type of vehicle is required.
- This position is required to work throughout the Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service.
We offer fabulous employee benefits including
- Permanent full time position
- A base salary ranging from $142,432 to $152,638 p.a.
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Salary packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work/life balance, variety and flexibility
- And much more!
About Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service
Gold Coast Health provides public health care services to more than 500,000 people living in one of Australia’s most desired lifestyle destinations – The Gold Coast. With its world-class beaches and hinterland, emerging cultural scene, national sporting teams, several universities and family-friendly atmosphere, the Gold Coast offers unmatched lifestyle opportunities.
With an annual operating budget exceeding $1.2 billion, Gold Coast Health oversees more than 1000 beds across three hospitals, as well as a wide range of community facilities and services. We deliver world-class patient care and by talking to any one of our 6000 employees, you will see why!
How to apply
Apply for this role by clicking on the “Apply” button and submitting a resume and covering letter addressing your suitability to the role by Friday, 28th April 2017.
Job Ad reference: GC238252
Please note: no third party applications will be accepted. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Gold Coast, QLD, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-15