OverviewQueensland Government Contract Officer – Disability and Community Services Part Time in Brisbane QLD
Branch Brisbane QLD AU
Contract Officer – Disability and Community Services
Provide advice and information to suppliers and departmental staff regarding investment specifications, quality assurance systems and accountability…
Principal responsibilities of this role
- Participate in relevant end to end procurement practices as they relate to regional operations to ensure quality responsive service within legislative and regulatory frameworks.
- Establish, negotiate and manage contracts with suppliers within a human services environment.
- Build and maintain productive and respectful working relationships with a diverse range of suppliers to ensure a quality responsive service is delivered to our vulnerable clients.
- Provide advice and information to suppliers and departmental staff regarding investment specifications, quality assurance systems and accountability requirements.
- Monitor service delivery by suppliers and/or licensed organisations to ensure compliance with contracts, program guidelines, legislation and other departmental requirements.
- Aggregate, analyse and present supplier performance data to inform value assessments and investments decisions.
- Monitor individual care services covered by a licence and undertake inspections.
- Identify, monitor and implement remedial action to improve supplier performance and recognise when issues need to be escalated.
- Negotiate renewal, variations and ending of contracts with suppliers.
- Assess applications for funding from suppliers in accordance with legislative frameworks and program objectives.
- Work collaboratively with key internal business areas to ensure value and quality of service delivery.
- Professionally represent the department at forums with key stakeholders and suppliers.
- Prepare briefs, plans, quotes, correspondence and other departmental reports in a timely and professional manner, consistent with departmental guidelines.
Formal procurement, purchasing and/or contract management accreditation is well regarded (i.e. Queensland Purchasing, QGCPO, CIPS or similar), or have the ability to acquire this accreditation.
Applications to remain current for 12 months. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Brisbane, QLD, AU
Posted on: 2017-03-20