OverviewQueensland Government Central Specimen Reception (CSR) Coordinator Full Time in Brisbane QLD
Branch Brisbane QLD AU
Central Specimen Reception (CSR) Coordinator
A demonstrated commitment to the principles of quality management and continuous quality improvement, and an understanding of the basis of laboratory Quality…
Health Support Queensland delivers a wide range of diagnostic, scientific, clinical support and payroll services to enable the delivery of frontline health care. The commercialised business unit provides critical services to Hospital and Health Services, other government agencies, commercial clients and the community.
Pathology Queensland provides comprehensive diagnostic pathology testing and services via a single, integrated state-wide network. Pathology Queensland also participates in education, training and clinical research.
To be successful in this position, we are looking for applicants who can demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated knowledge of procedures and processes in use in a central specimen reception service, and a knowledge of laboratory operations in all Pathology disciplines.
- Proven ability to work within a team structure and coordinate staff using a high level of communication and interpersonal skills to provide an efficient and effective central specimen reception service.
- Demonstrated ability to train staff in all aspects of CSR including mandatory training as required for the group laboratories (TPCH, Redcliffe and Caboolture).
- Demonstrated experience in data entry and sound knowledge of Pathology information systems (e.g. AUSLAB) and their relationship to effective laboratory practice.
- Knowledge of occupational health and safety, anti-discrimination, ethical behaviour and equal employment opportunity principles.
- A demonstrated commitment to the principles of quality management and continuous quality improvement, and an understanding of the basis of laboratory Quality Control and Quality Assurance programs.
Mandatory qualifications/professional registration/other requirements
- Knowledge or ability to acquire skills in all aspects of a Central Specimen Reception. While not mandatory, a relevant qualification would be well regarded.
- In some circumstances and following consultation, Queensland Health staff may be required to participate in 24 hour shift, on-call or weekend roster arrangements.
Vaccine preventable diseases (VPD)
It may be a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against the following vaccine preventable diseases during their employment: Hepatitis A & B, Measles, Mumps, Pertussis, Rubella and Varicella.
Additional vaccinations including Japanese Encephalitis and Rabies may also be required for this position.
Existing staff that are engaged prior to 1 July 2016 are not subject to this condition of employment unless they apply for a role with VPD requirements that is with a different Queensland Health entity (i.e. one HHS to another HHS, Department to a HHS, or HHS to Department). This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Brisbane, QLD, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-18