OverviewQueensland Government Assistant Electorate Officer Full Time in Townsville QLD
Branch Townsville QLD AU
Assistant Electorate Officer
Contributing to the arranging of functions and events if required. Utilise information systems to relay important issues and events and maintain contact with…
This position works within the individual Member’s Electorate Office. Media relations, speech writing are a key aspect of the role along with reception duties and dealing with constituents and the general public. The position assists the Electorate Officer and Member in obtaining solutions for problems presented by individuals and organisations.
This position will be responsible for media relations within the Electorate Office. Media and speech writing experience would be advantageous.
To provide administrative and clerical assistance to the Electorate Officer and Member of Parliament in the Electorate Office established by that Member.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
If required and as directed by the Member, undertake some or all electorate media responsibilities, for example:
- Daily monitoring of media, including social media
- Preparing media releases
- Fielding media requests
- Updating and maintaining social media and website
- Where appropriate, identify opportunities to create content and media opportunities
Assist in the provision of confidential administrative and clerical support services to the Member and Electorate Officer, using a variety of electronic and other IT office equipment, for example:
- General administrative duties, such as filing, opening and sorting mail, answering the telephone, preparing letters, memoranda, reports etc. as required by the Member
- Assist in the organisation of the distribution of correspondence including large mail outs
- Assist in the preparation of correspondence on behalf of the Member and constituents
- Assist with writing newsletters, press releases and speeches under the guidance of the Member.
Assist with general enquires from constituents concerning a wide range of community, social and political issues, for example:
- Liaising with individuals, groups and organisations who contact the electorate office for information, assistance and advice
- Dealing with constituent and other enquiries by email, telephone or in person about a diverse range of issues
- Assisting with interviewing and providing assistance to constituents with a range of problems using government and community help networks
- Assisting in making written and verbal representations to a range of government, community and public bodies/utilities on behalf of the Member and constituents
- Assisting in carrying out research on issues relating to constituent enquiries and information required by the Member
- Ensuring constituents and others have access to the Member.
- Communicating with individuals, community and business
- Contributing to the arranging of functions and events if required
Assist the Electorate Officer in ensuring that the Member is informed of developments within the Electorate, for example:
- Maintaining accurate and up to date briefing notes so that the Member is kept informed of issues and events within the electorate
- Utilise information systems to relay important issues and events and maintain contact with the Member while absent
- Maintain awareness of issues raised within the community via media and network contacts.
Other duties as may be directed by the Electorate Officer or Member. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Townsville City, QLD, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-15