OverviewQueensland Government Adventure Intervention Support Officer Full Time in Cairns QLD
Branch Cairns QLD AU
Adventure Intervention Support Officer
Qualifications in Social Work, Human Services, Psychology or Certificate IV in Youth Justice (CHC40513); Temporary position based in Cairns….
Temporary position based in Cairns.
Resume and 2 page maximum response addressing the key attributes and responsibilities to this role which is outlined in the role profile. Applications that do not address these attributes/responsibilities may not be considered.
- Deliver Adventure Based Learning (ABL) intervention programs for young offenders or those at risk of offending
- Design, develop, and evaluate ABL programs linked to case management objectives
- Deliver training in ABL for staff who work with young offenders or those at risk of offending
- Manage risk in relation to staff and participants and comply with any legislation, industry standards, policies and procedures.
- Undertake all administrative tasks relevant to program and training delivery in accordance with departmental policies and procedures and contribute to the good governance and objectives of the directorate and department.
Role Specific capabilities:
- Qualifications in Social Work, Human Services, Psychology or Certificate IV in Youth Justice (CHC40513); and/or experience working with youth, small group work leading to behavioural change, personal development, therapeutic change or case management is highly desirable.
- Qualifications in the following areas are highly desirable or to be attained within agreed timeframes upon appointment:
- Outdoor recreation qualifications – Certificate IV, equivalent outdoor recreation skills clusters (SIS40310) or current registration with national peak bodies;
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110);
- You have experience in the design, facilitation, risk management and evaluation of ABL programs.
Mandatory Qualifications, Conditions and Requirements:
- National Outdoor Leaders Registration Scheme (NOLRS) – Instructor-level registration including assessment (or equivalent), or eligibility for registration upon appointment or within agreed timeframes. Registration to include at least one land based and one water based specialisation from the following: bushwalking; canoeing; rock climbing; sea kayaking; and challenge ropes. Registration to remain current and additional specialisations may be required to suit the workplace.
- Possession of an Australian drivers licence.
- It is a requirement to provide an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person who is recognised and accepted in the Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander community as a referee.
- This is a field staff position which works under a workplace agreement and means that the role includes the requirement to regularly work on weekends and after hours.
Applications to remain current for twelve months This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Cairns, QLD, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-17