OverviewQueensland Government Administration Officer – Legal Counsel Part Time in Brisbane QLD
Branch Brisbane QLD AU
Administration Officer – Legal Counsel
Metro South Health is the major provider of public health services, and health education and research, in the Brisbane south side, Logan, Redlands and Scenic…
Metro South Health is the major provider of public health services, and health education and research, in the Brisbane south side, Logan, Redlands and Scenic Rim regions. We serve an estimated population of 1 million people, 23 per cent of Queensland’s population. Every day, around the clock, we’re faced with challenges with the highest stakes; but we remain focussed on the needs of our patients practicing a person-centred approach to health care. From our reception staff to our doctors, administrators to housekeepers—we are committed to providing you and your family with quality health care.
The Patient Administrative Services at Logan Hospital have an opportunity available for an Administration Officer – Legal Counsel to join the team on a part time basis. This role will see you provide high quality confidential secretarial and general administrative support to the Legal Counsel position, including appointments, filing, administrative and communication systems, supplies, maintenance of equipment, travel and accommodation and functions for senior management.
Purpose of the Role
- To provide effective and confidential administrative support to the Legal Counsel position in order to support and facilitate the delivery of a professional legal service to the Executive and staff of the Metro South Hospital and Health Service, Logan and Beaudesert Hospitals, QEII Hospital, Redland and Wynnum Hospitals, Community and Primary Health Services, Mental Health Services and Oral Health Services and to external agencies.
- To liaise with, cooperate with and assist staff of departments within Metro South Hospitals and Health Service, as required, to ensure objectives are achieved.
- The Legal Counsel position is responsible for the provision of timely and independent legal advice to the Executive and staff of Metro South Hospital and Health Service on a wide range of complex and sensitive matters.
- Legal Counsel provides ‘in-house’ legal services and co-ordinates the provision of legal services using external legal firms.
We offer employees competitive remuneration and generous employer superannuation contribution, benefits and incentives, career development and opportunity with outstanding support for workplace training and education within our flexible, family friendly workplaces.
Administration Officer – Legal Counsel is comprised of salary between $29.89 – $33.41 per hour.
From the large, technologically advanced tertiary Princess Alexandra Hospital, to our mid-size facilities in thriving suburbs, to community health centres servicing regional communities, we offer exciting career pathways and employment opportunities for health professionals.
Conditions of Employment
Some roles within Queensland Health are designated as ‘Vaccination Preventable Disease (VPD) risk roles’. A VPD risk role is a role in which the incumbent may be exposed to the risk of acquisition and/or transmission of a VPD. If you are applying for a role that has been designated as a VPD risk role you must be able to provide evidence that you either:
- have been vaccinated against the VPD’s listed in the role description; or
- you are not susceptible to the VPD’s listed in the role description.
You will be asked by the recruiting manager to supply this evidence if you are the preferred candidate for the role. Any job offer would be subject to the supply of evidence related to VPD in addition to other required employment screening. More information and evidence forms can be found at here.
How to Apply:
For full details about this position and how to apply, see the Role Description and Information Package for Applicants. The Information Package for Applicants outlines pre-employment checks that will be undertaken for successful applicants. Job Ad Reference: MSL04239756. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: , ,
Posted on: 2017-04-25