OverviewQueensland Advocacy Incorporated Systems Advocate – NDIS Appeal Support Component Contract in Queensland
Queensland Advocacy Incorporated
Branch QLD AU
Systems Advocate – NDIS Appeal Support Component
Provide education and skills development, such as self-advocacy support for individuals and self-advocacy group sessions;…
Invitation to submit an expression of interest Queensland Advocacy Incorporated invites you to submit your interest in a contracted position or positions in Toowoomba to western and southern borders of regional Queensland to provide support for NDIS Appeals processes.
Contractor/s will have a commitment to Queensland Advocacy Inc. (QAI) to promote and implement the values and philosophies of the organisation when conducting activities and actions related to their work.
1. Position Statement:
The Systems Advocate – NDIS Appeal Support Component will analyse, plan and implement actions and campaigns to achieve positive systemic reform for people with disability in line with the requirement of the NDIS Appeals Program and in keeping with QAI’s values, mission and objectives.
2. Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Promotion, protection and defence of people with disability through individual and systemic advocacy work.
Travel to regional and remote Queensland with support from QAI to meet people with disability and their families or supporters, advocates and allies.
- Assist applicants to navigate the process of AAT review of decisions – this could include attending AAT conferences and hearings with applicants & fostering self- advocacy for applicants to put their own cases before the AAT
- Where self-advocacy is not appropriate, provide individual advocacy support, developing and implementing an individual plan in partnership with the applicant
- Assist a person to navigate the NDIA internal review process. However, priority must be given to people who have applied, or are in the process of applying, to the AAT
- Assist applicants to apply for funding (including completing a referral to the central assessment provider (CAP)) where legal issues are highlighted and an application has been made to the AAT (for complex or novel legal cases
- Provide referral to other services;
- Provide education and skills development, such as self-advocacy support for individuals and self-advocacy group sessions;
- Help with community capacity building for example, NDIS Appeals education presentations or NDIS Appeals stalls at expos and events; and
- Assist family capacity building, including information sessions for people with disability, their carers and families
- Undertake responsibility for planning, co-ordination, implementation and administration of promotion of the NDIA Appeals Program in line with QAI’s obligations to the funding body and the objectives of the NDIS Appeals Program
- Ensure that information sessions encourage and create a positive but realistic vision for participants
- Ability to undertake planned travel in regional Queensland until at end 2017
- Ability to liaise with key regional advocacy contacts as referral points
- Criminal history screening
- Comply with the code of conduct and ethics and confidentiality requirements of this organisation, and work to the standards of the National Disability Service Standards
- Provide clear financial accounting for expenses
- Provide client and service delivery reports to QAI supervisor within agreed timeframes
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: , QLD, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-24