OverviewPublic Transport Victoria Manager, Safety & Wellness Contract in Melbourne City Centre VIC
Public Transport Victoria
Branch Melbourne City Centre VIC AU
Manager, Safety & Wellness
Melbourne City Centre VIC
We’d love you to have some experience working within the transport or logistics industry. Seeking an opportunity to broaden your Health and Safety Management…
Seeking an opportunity to broaden your Health and Safety Management experience in a diverse and challenging workplace? This may be your perfect next step…
What we’re looking for
We are seeking a passionate and highly motivated individual who can lead and support a small team of safety and wellness professionals through PTV’s transformational journey. The team is responsible for operational and strategic safety and wellness, the organisational health and wellness program ‘Healthy Me @ PTV’, injury management and workers’ compensation and the monitoring and review of PTV’s Safety Management System ‘Right Move’.
- Exciting opportunity to come on board and champion safety and wellness improvement initiatives across the Victorian transport network
- Docklands location, close to Southern Cross Station
- Fixed Term (12 month contract), salary from $111,484 plus super
What you’ll do
- Ensure that PTV (in partnership with its operators, contractors and other key Government Departments), meets and exceeds its legislative health and safety responsibilities
- Successfully deliver activities and initiatives within the Safety and Wellness Action Plan
- Manage the safety and wellness annual budget in accordance with government requirements
- Monitor, implement and review PTV’s Safety Management System; ‘Right Move’
- Collaborate across the business to ensure that safety and wellness are integrated in everyday business and considered in broader decision making
- Establish yourself as a subject matter expert and advisor on all things health, safety and wellness
Reporting to the Director Enterprise Assurance, Safety and Environment, this role will be part of a safety and sustainability revolution to ensure PTV plays a key leadership and assurance role in driving the development and delivery of innovative safety solutions that exceed stakeholder needs.
- Demonstrated experience in leading, motivating and developing a team of safety and wellness professionals
- Expert knowledge of associated legislation, regulations and standards, specifically the Work Health and Safety Act
- Tertiary qualified in Safety, Risk Management or a related discipline
- Experience in leading critical programs and projects, ensuring strategies and plans are in place to achieve desired outcomes
- Ability to adapt to and achieve change and prioritise work to meet deadlines in an environment of conflicting interest and opinions
- Outstanding stakeholder engagement skills, collaborative in approach with the ability to initiate and maintain strong relationships with both internal and key external stakeholders
- We’d love you to have some experience working within the transport or logistics industry
INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
Sound good? To view the Position Description and to apply, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below. Your application must include a covering letter and separate resume attached (MS Word compatible). For further information about the role, you can contact Maria Rocco on +61 431 002 766
Applications close: 11:59pm, Sunday 7th May 2017.
To learn more about what it is like to work at PTV, please visit our company website www.ptv.vic.gov.au.
PTV offers its employees a range of employee benefits including flexible working arrangements, a free public transport travel pass, free access to our Employee Assistance Program and a supportive health and wellness program, ‘Healthy Me @ PTV’ – just to name a few!
Public Transport Victoria is committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and supports diversity and flexibility. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Melbourne, VIC, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-26