OverviewPenrith City Council Trainee Engineer Temporay in Penrith NSW
Penrith City Council
Branch Penrith NSW AU
Demonstrated understanding of engineering practices and principles. Trainees rotate between Councils Design, Traffic, Development Engineering and Assets…
Are you an engineering student looking to kick start your career in a place of limitless opportunity? Would you like to gain practical paid work experience whilst you study?
The city of Penrith sits at the foot of the Blue Mountains, alongside the Nepean River, and is home to approximately 198,000 people. We employ approximately 1200 permanent, temporary and casual employees across a diverse range of fields and are committed to attracting and retaining the best people. We offer a diverse range of career paths with a strong commitment to training, education assistance, paid parental leave and flexible working arrangements making Penrith City Council ‘The Place to Be’.
As a Trainee Engineer you will gain practical experience in the workforce whilst completing your degree.
Trainees rotate between Councils Design, Traffic, Development Engineering and Assets sections to learn different aspects of engineering and gain experience in various roles in Local Government.
We are looking for a motivated self-starter that is keen to learn, able to work as part of a team and willing to develop skills across all areas of Local Government Engineering.
This position is a full-time position, working 35 hours per week. We will provide study leave, educational assistance and a flexible working hours policy that will allow you to continue to study part-time as a minimum and achieve a work/study and life balance.
- Currently enrolled in a Civil Engineering Degree and successfully completed at least the first year
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills – particularly with Microsoft Office Programs
- A current Class C Driver licence
- Demonstrated understanding of engineering practices and principles
- Demonstrated experience in working as part of a team
- Demonstrated experience in using Council, RMS (Roads and Maritime Services) and Australian Standards
Commencing Salary: Dependent upon progression through course and level of experience.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Penrith, NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-24