OverviewPenrith City Council Library Assistant Part Time in Penrith NSW
Penrith City Council
Branch Penrith NSW AU
You will be joining an enthusiastic, friendly and efficient frontline team and be proactive and willing to meet the challenges of adapting to changing…
The Penrith City Library Service provides informational, educational and recreational resources and services for residents and visitors through three branch libraries, a Home Library service, a Community Toy Library, and online services. The library has a staff of 60 serving a population of 197,000+. Surveys across the City consistently show the Council libraries to be one of Council’s most popular services.
As a Library Assistant, you will be working in a fast paced customer service delivery environment, across three library branches, and including evening and weekend shifts. The role consists of front desk, face to face and telephone customer service enquiries and service; checking in and shelving of returned items; and other collection processing duties.
You will be joining an enthusiastic, friendly and efficient frontline team and be proactive and willing to meet the challenges of adapting to changing technologies used in the delivery of library services to the community.
If you can demonstrate outstanding customer service skills; have good computer skills; are flexible and enthusiastic; have proven experience in working in a team environment and enjoy the challenges of adapting to technological changes, then this could be the position for you.
- Year 12 Higher School Certificate or equivalent
- High level of interpersonal and customer service skills and experience
- Demonstrated online database and digital app skills
- Demonstrated skills using library equipment, including scanners, printers and photocopiers
- Demonstrated cash handling skills
- Ability to work effectively in a busy team environment
- Flexibility to work rostered shifts across seven days, including evening and weekend hours
- Current Class C Driver’s Licence
- Experience working in a public library
- Flexibility to cover emergency roster shifts
Commencing Salary: $26.14 per hour, plus 9.5% superannuation. Further salary progression is available through Council’s Salary Administration System.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Penrith, NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-16