OverviewPeninsula Health Allied Health Assistant – Social Support Group Part Time in Frankston VIC
Branch Frankston VIC AU
Allied Health Assistant – Social Support Group
Peninsula Health provides public healthcare services to residents of the Mornington Peninsula. Our hospitals and emergency departments are located at
Peninsula Health provides public healthcare services to residents of the Mornington Peninsula.
Our hospitals and emergency departments are located at Frankston and Rosebud, and we provide a wide range of community health, dental, rehabilitation, mental health, palliative care and aged care services from campuses at Frankston, Hastings, Mornington, Mount Eliza and Rosebud.
Person centred care is at the heart of everything we do, guided by our values of Service, Integrity, Compassion, Respect and Excellence.
The Social Support Group allied health assistant aims to assist participants of the program to engage in social activities whilst endeavouring to maintain skill retention and development. The program is staffed by a Team Leader and social support group workers with additional help from invaluable community volunteers. The position provides both clinical & non-clinical duties as prescribed by the Team Leader to ensure consumers receive high quality, timely, safe and effective care.
Key Responsibilities include:
– Plan and implement; creative stimulating activities and events for a range of diverse clients.
– Support clients to achieve an optimal level of functioning within the community setting and provide interventions to maximise activities of daily living.
– Facilitate groups activities; including preparation of a safe environment, equipment and any resource materials.
– Implement client centred care plan and individual management plans, ensuring the team leader is informed of any changes in clients’ needs or risks.
– Resource maintenance/photo copying of handouts, fliers, assessment forms etc.
– Monitoring consumables and maintaining storage.
– Administrative tasks such as; ordering, phone calls, waitlist management, newsletter development, evaluation/audit tasks and data entry.
To apply, please click on the APPLY NOW button to forward you current resume and covering letter for consideration
• Ensuring the health and safety of our patients, visitors and staff is at the heart of everything we do. As part of this commitment, all new members of our team must meet the immunisation requirements of their role prior to commencement.
• Peninsula Health is committed to providing positive employment opportunities and outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and welcome employment applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background.
• Peninsula Health believes in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce where each person’s uniqueness is valued. Peninsula Health believes that by embracing the diverse life experiences and perspectives of our people, we will provide high-quality health care to all members of our community – regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, cultural background, disability, religion or sexual orientation.
Essential: Allied Health Assistant certificate IV or equivalent
Desirable: Experience in working with aged clients with dementia and clients with an acquired brain injury in a community setting.
Essential: Experience in delivering; exercise, group or individualised activities to maximise activities activities of daily living.
Essential: Competence with computer skills used for emailing, data entry and Microsoft Office.
Essential: Current Victorian drivers licence
Essential: Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position; lifting, bending etc
Essential: Ability to plan and implement; creative stimulating activities and events for a range of diverse clients.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Frankston, VIC, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-18