OverviewParkes Shire Council Team Leader – Concrete Works Full Time in Parkes NSW
Parkes Shire Council
Branch Parkes NSW AU
Team Leader – Concrete Works
General Construction Induction Card (White Card). Based from Council’s Works Depot in Parkes, you will be responsible for the coordination of works and the…
Team Leader – Concrete Works Job No: PSC100
Location: Parkes, NSW
Employment Status: Full Time
No. of Vacancies: 1
Closing Date: 12 May 2017
About Parkes Shire Council Parkes Shire Council is a progressive and innovative organisation that embraces new ideas and has adopted a philosophy of continuous improvement. Council is committed to delivering progress and value to our community through living our corporate values of Community, Innovation, Integrity, Respect, Safety and Teamwork. The values guide the work we do, the choices we make and how we interact with each other and the community. For our employees we provide a positive, safe, creative and fun work environment which embraces new technology with the focus on the safety, health, well-being and professional development of staff.
Council has been awarded for Excellence in Local Government and was named the winner of the prestigious 2016 AR Bluett Memorial Award. The award recognises the most progressive rural council in the state, based on all council operations and services.
Parkes Shire Council is a changing organisation, we are embracing the LEAN philosophy in an effort to maximise the value and service we deliver to our community. Council values our position as a progressive, cohesive and well respected employer of choice. We are proud of our corporate values which guide the work we do, the choices we make and how we interact with each other and the community. For our employees we provide career development and succession planning opportunities across a large range of trades and professions.
In our quest for continuous improvement Council has achieved formal accreditation under the Australian and New Zealand standard for Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems AS/NZS 4801:2001 by SAI Global. This highly regarded accreditation recognises the dedication and commitment from Council staff to ensure safety management systems are robust and efficient and more importantly that a safe workplace is provided for our staff, contractors, visitors and volunteers.
A bout the Opportunity Do you want to further develop your career with your local Council?
Want to combine your leadership skills, supervisory skills and civil construction know-how?
Then look no further – take the opportunity to progress your career.
Based from Council’s Works Depot in Parkes, you will be responsible for the coordination of works and the supervision of a small multidisciplinary team undertaking civil construction functions relating to concreting, paving, kerb and guttering construction and maintenance.
Having strong communication and teamwork skills and working throughout the Shire, the role will give you a level of autonomy, however you will plan weekly works programs in cooperation with the Urban Works Supervisor and other Team Leaders.
To be successful in this position you will need to have:
- Relevant work experience.
- A sound knowledge of concrete formwork and finishing, paving, kerb making and general maintenance
- Experience in reading and transferring levels
- A commitment to Quality Control and business improvement
- Proven experience in the supervision of a small multidisciplinary team
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Current Class C Drivers licence
- General Construction Induction Card (White Card)
- Demonstrated competence and willingness to contribute to the implementation of Council’s WHS Policy & Procedures
- Ability to use Council’s computerised technology
- A sound understanding of Project Planning
- A sound knowledge of various plant items, their uses and capabilities
- A sound knowledge of Erosion and Sediment Control requirement
- Demonstrated commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity principles
- Demonstrated attributes and work values to become a valuable team member
It will be desirable for you to have: –
- Training in the Development of Erosion and Sediment Control Plans
- Possession of a current First Aid Certificate
- Possession of a current Worksite Traffic Control Certificate
Other details relating to this position are:
- The Grade applicable to the position is Grade 7 , for a 38 hour week within Council’s salary structure.
- The salary range is from $955.70 to $1,096.80 per week. The salary level is determined by an annual performance appraisal.
- Employer Superannuation of 9.5% applies
- 38 hour working week and a fortnightly RDO
- Employment conditions are is accordance with the Local Government (State) Award 2014
- Parkes Shire Council proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity
- Aboriginal persons are encouraged to apply
- Ongoing monitoring will be undertaken to determine your suitability for the role
VIEW FULL POSITION DESCRIPTION BY CLICKING HERE . How to Apply Before you apply for this position, please read the Position Description carefully to assess your eligibility and suitability for the position. You will be required to answer a few questions that relate to the criteria on the online application below. You will also be asked to attach your current Resume which should include two recent employment related referees. Please note that you cannot submit your application without attaching your resume. A cover letter is not required. Council will only accept applications submitted on line. Please include in your Resume, evidence of qualifications that you possess.
Parkes Shire Council operates a merit and behavoural based recruitment process.
Pre-employment Screening In the event you are shortlisted for an interview, and are then selected to progress to the next stage following interview, you must be prepared/may be required to undergo the following pre-employment screening processes as part of the selection process:
- A pre-employment physical examination (at Council’s expense), including a hearing and alcohol and other drugs test
- Please include two work related referees in your resume for reference checking purposes – please ensure your referee contact details are up-to-date
- Undertake any other applicable screening that may be relevant to the role
- Council will check the authenticity of certificates and qualifications
Privacy Statement As part of the recruitment process, Parkes Shire Council will be collecting information about you. This information is private information for the purposes of the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act. This information will be included in the recruitment file and only accessed by members of the Recruitment Selection Panel.
Other Important Details Enquiries: Telephone Todd Jayet or Council’s Human Resources team on (02) 68612333 for further information.
Closing Date: 5.00pm AEST on Friday, 12 May 2017.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONCE YOU START TO COMPLETE YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION, YOU CANNOT SAVE IT AND RETURN TO IT LATER.
Good luck and we look forward to receiving your application!
Location: Parkes, NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-25