OverviewPacific Aluminium Part-time Secretary – Administration Assistant Part Time in Brisbane QLD
Branch Brisbane QLD AU
Part-time Secretary – Administration Assistant
Brisbane QLD 4000
Previous web support in particular SharePoint, Website CMS systems. In order to undertake the responsibilities of the External Relations Secretary it is…
New Zealand’s Aluminium Smelter (NZAS) has an excellent opportunity for a well organised highly capable person to join our External Relations team, part time. As External Relations Secretary you will be part of a team of three – which is accountable for all communications, government and external relations for our smelter at Tiwai point in Invercargill. This role is based in our Wellington office, and works 0.45 FTE, or 22 hours per week. You must be in a position to travel to our Invercargill site for training and occasionally provide support to the team there.
NZAS is one of the most efficient aluminium smelters in the world, producing some of the world’s purest aluminium using hydro-electricity. We are committed to ensuring NZAS remains a vibrant part of New Zealand’s economy for many years.
As the External Relations Secretary you will provide professional administrative support to both the Director External Relations and the Community Relations Officer to operate in an efficient, effective manner.
Key aspects of the role are:
- Providing secretarial services in word processing, spread-sheeting and presentations to the External Relations Team.
- Organising department travel arrangements, functions and on and off-site meetings.
- Undertaking general office duties including filing, photocopying, draft correspondence, and responding to telephone calls.
- Collecting, distributing and circulating all mail.
- Organising appointments, schedules and meetings using Outlook.
- Administering and controlling department documentation.
- Publishing documentation on the NZAS Intranet, collating and assisting in publishing the Tiwai Pointer (a periodic publication) using the CMS on the NZAS website.
- Document version control of the External Relations team’s documentation.
In order to undertake the responsibilities of the External Relations Secretary it is expected you will have:
- The desire and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- A commitment to improving safety, cost and productivity
- A high degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Strong coordination and organisational skills
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Previous web support in particular SharePoint, Website CMS systems
- A down to earth pragmatic attitude, and be able to work and communicate with a wide range of people and personalities.
- Five years working as a personal assistant or similar in a large organisation.
- Previous exposure to SAP (preferred)
In return, you will be rewarded with an attractive salary commensurate to your experience, superannuation, phone allowance along with standard Pacific Aluminium / Rio Tinto employee benefits.
Working within a dynamic team in an operation renowned for its world class safety standards and high quality product, this is an opportunity not to be missed!
Candidates must have the ability to work indefinitely in New Zealand.
Closing date for applications is 30 April 2017.
Apply online www.nzas.co.nz
Role description Opens in new window
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Brisbane, QLD, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-17