OverviewNorthern Sydney Local Health District Mental Health Patient Liaison Officer Temporay in St Leonards NSW
Northern Sydney Local Health District
Branch St Leonards NSW AU
Mental Health Patient Liaison Officer
St Leonards NSW
The Patient Liaison Officer plays a pivotal role in promoting the use of private health insurance by MHDA patients by providing accurate and timely information…
The Patient Liaison Officer plays a pivotal role in promoting the use of private health insurance by MHDA patients by providing accurate and timely information to the patient/carer about using private health insurance in a public hospital.
The position provides a resource to patients/carers regarding their fund coverage and the benefits of electing to be treated as a private Mental Health Drug and Alcohol Service patient in a public hospital setting.
The position is responsible for providing relevant and necessary information to MHDA patients regarding the no out of pocket expenses guarantee and the potential benefits to the patient in relation to their fund excess, on future admissions in the same year.
The Patient Liaison Officer is responsible for interviewing all Mental Health Drug and Alcohol patients in the appropriately identified MHDA wards and completing all relevant paperwork.
The revenue generated from this initiative is vitally important in assisting with the alleviation of budgetary constraints, enabling the continuation of ongoing patient-related services and projects within Mental Health Drug and Alcohol.
This position is classified as an Administration Officer Level 6 and is Temporary Full-Time until 7 th of April 2019.
We build teams and health services that embrace our values; Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment (CORE) . Our CORE values and the behaviours that underpin them, shape the way we work together, with our patients and consumers, to deliver excellent health and wellbeing. If you’d like to be part of our journey we want to hear from you.
Northern Sydney Local Health District is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Workforce Health and Safety, Ethical Practices and the principles of Cultural Diversity. Aboriginal people are encouraged to apply and, where found suitable, will be given higher priority.
Employees must abide by the NSW Health Code of Conduct . Criminal record checks will be undertaken on successful applicants and applicants for positions designated as Category A will be required to obtain required vaccinations prior to commencing employment. Salary packaging, available through Smartsalary is offered to enhance employee benefits.
An eligibility list may be created and you may be considered eligible for similar roles in the future. If you do not wish to be placed on an eligibility list, please advise the Convenor at interview.
Join NSLHD on Facebook ©
1. Extensive clerical experience undertaking a diverse range of administrative tasks
2. Demonstrated experience dealing with the public with the confidence to interact with Mental Health Drug and Alcohol patients on a daily basis, resolving complex patient/customer related issues
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills, including good comprehension, with the ability to deal effectively with a diverse range of people
4. Excellent organisational skills, with the proven ability to meet deadlines while managing competing priorities
5. Demonstrated ability to successfully work independently and as part of a team
6. Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel and experience working with database software
7. Current Driver’s Licence with the ability to travel to other NS LHD hospital sites as required/directed for work
8. Consistently demonstrates behaviours that reinforce the CORE Values of our organisation; Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment. Demonstrates these behaviours with all stakeholders; colleagues, direct reports, as well as our patients and consumers, and those that care for them
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: St Leonards, NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-21