OverviewNorthern Sydney Local Health District CNS2 – Child and Adolescent Unit – RNSH Temporay in St Leonards NSW
Northern Sydney Local Health District
Branch St Leonards NSW AU
CNS2 – Child and Adolescent Unit – RNSH
St Leonards NSW
Demonstrated ability to utilise computer software programs for data collection, analysis, interpretation and presentation with a focus on improving patient…
Due to the increasing demand of paediatric presentations and in-patient beds, new models of care are being developed to support paediatric patient flow through our child and adolescent service.
Child & Adolescent team Clinical Nurse Specialist 2 (CNS2) provides:
- Promotion of safe, effective compassionate care for all patients and families across the paediatric service.
- Maintain a professional link to paediatric ED and the inpatient ward to ensure effective communication and collaboration
- Actively contributes to the planning, development and evaluation of the short stay service in order to align strategic direction of this model of care within NSLHD.
A role model advocating for the child and adolescent within the organisation, identifying and facilitating educational support alongside the NUM,CNC,CNE and ward staff.
This position is Temporary part time until 15 October 2017 and is classified as a Clinical Nurse Specialist Gde 2.
We build teams and health services that embrace our values; Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment (CORE) . Our CORE values and the behaviours that underpin them, shape the way we work together, with our patients and consumers, to deliver excellent health and wellbeing. If you’d like to be part of our journey we want to hear from you.
Northern Sydney Local Health District is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Workforce Health and Safety, Ethical Practices and the principles of Cultural Diversity. Aboriginal people are encouraged to apply and, where found suitable, will be given higher priority.
Employees must abide by the NSW Health Code of Conduct . Criminal record checks will be undertaken on successful applicants and applicants for positions designated as Category A will be required to obtain required vaccinations prior to commencing employment. Salary packaging, available through Smartsalary is offered to enhance employee benefits.
An eligibility list may be created and you may be considered eligible for similar roles in the future. If you do not wish to be placed on an eligibility list, please advise the Convenor at interview.
Join NSLHD on Facebook ©
1. Current RN registration to practice from the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and a post graduate paediatric nursing qualification with at least 3 years clinical experience in paediatrics.
3. Demonstrated commitment to professional development as evidenced by a high level of clinical expertise , facilitation and leadership skills. Supports working in a person centred way with demonstrated leadership abilities with a focus on the development and evaluation of clinical practice and effective team work.
4. Consistently demonstrates behaviours that reinforce the CORE Values of our organisation; Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment. Demonstrates these behaviours with all stakeholders; colleagues, direct reports, as well as our patients and consumers, and those that care for them.
5. Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, within a multidisciplinary team and be able to prioritise and manage workload
6. Adovates for patients and their families and maintains a effective process of care when confronted with differing values, beliefs and biases.
7. Demonstrated ability to utilise computer software programs for data collection, analysis, interpretation and presentation with a focus on improving patient outcomes.
8. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and contribute nursing expertise to the coordination of care within a multidisciplinary care team, with an emphasis on service delivery, quality of care and inter departmental team cohesion.
This position requires a Working With Children Check (WWCC) issued by the Office of the Children’s Guardian. For more information on how to apply for the clearance, please visit the Office of the Children’s Guardian website www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/Working-with-children/working-with-children-check
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: St Leonards, NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-24