OverviewMurphy Pipe & Civil Senior Quality Inspector Contract in Surat QLD
Murphy Pipe & Civil
Branch Surat QLD AU
Senior Quality Inspector
Trade or Technical Qualifications. Murphy Pipe and Civil has an exceptional opportunity for a highly skilled Senior Quality Inspector to join our team of…
Job No: 492486
Murphy Pipe and Civil has an exceptional opportunity for a highly skilled Senior Quality Inspector to join our team of industry professionals and work on one of the largest gas gathering network of its kind in Australia.
To be successful in this role, you must be a self-motivated and able to show initiative. You will have the ability to work autonomously and your organisational skills and ability to multitask will be exceptional.
Reporting to the Quality Lead, the Senior Quality Inspector’s core function is to drive people and performance practices that will increase the engagement and development of our people and ensure all construction and project activities have been verified, reviewed and checked against Project Specifications, Australian Standards and Contractual Requirements. Furthermore, the position certifies that the correct level of compliance is met without compromising the intended design.
Additional responsibilities of this critical role will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
· Reporting of infield quality matters, specifically the status between construction, MDR (Material Data Reference) and as built data (welding / Survey)
· Ensure all Field Inspectors and QA Engineers have clear directives and utilities to perform required tasks
· Assist and support the on-going compliance and improvement of systems and assurance activities
· Report to Line manager of infield Quality matters, specifically the Status between Construction, MDR (Material Data Reference) and As Built data (welding / Survey)
· Assist in the review of Construction Method Statements and other relevant documentation
· Oversee all testing requirements specific to welding and earthworks
· Control the processing of the project quality documentation and the completion of MDRs and other project documentation
· Ensuring the progressive sign-off of Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) and submittal of Quality compliance records/completed ITP’s
· Undertake inspections and complete inspection checklists in accordance with the relevant ITP for work being performed by the field staff
Together with your demonstrated experience in the above, you will possess the following:
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in the Oil and Gas industry
- HDPE Welding Certificate (Butt Fusion and Electrofusion)
- Trade or Technical Qualifications
- Inspectors or Supervisory Certificate 10 desirable but not essential
- Construction Industry OH&S Certificate (Blue / White card)
- Open Australian drivers license
- HDPE pipeline experience in installation, welding, testing and qualification
- Sound Understanding of HDPE Materials
Zero harm is our top priority – in any location, in any situation. We are seeking like-minded professionals who possess a drive and commitment to ensuring the safety of our staff and contractors at all times.
This opportunity is based in the Surat Basin. The successful applicant will work a fly in bus out (FIBO) 15/13 roster.
Application close: 05 Sep 2016 E. Australia Standard Time
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Surat, QLD, AU
Posted on: 2016-08-19