OverviewMission Australia Lead Educator – Maternity Leave – Enoggera Childcare Centre Contract in Queensland
Branch QLD AU
Lead Educator – Maternity Leave – Enoggera Childcare Centre
Utilise your Early Education experience to assist Australians in need. Program Support – contribute to play based learning and education program for children….
Lead Educator – Enoggera –
Maternity Leave Cover
- Utilise your Early Education experience to assist Australians in need
- Enoggera – Fixed Term Part Time position (37.5 Hours per week until December 2017)
- Not for Profit Salary Packaging benefits available
About Mission Australia
Mission Australia is a Christian community service organisation with a nationwide team of over 2,900 that helps people to regain their independence.
We reduce homelessness and strengthen communities through homelessness initiatives and affordable housing, early learning and youth services, family support, and employment and skills development.
Together, we stand with Australians in need until they can stand for themselves.
About the role
Mission Australia Early Learning Services is a trusted, community-based, early learning childcare and long day care services provider. Believing that all children should have the very best start in life, Mission Australia strives to deliver the highest-quality educational, social and emotional development programs that are tailored to suit the individual needs of each child in our care.
This Room Leader role is being offered on a Fixed Term Part Time basis until December 2017, and will aim to provide quality early education and care for children at our Child Care Centre in Enoggera.
- Child Support – actively engage and develop a nurturing environment for all children
- Family Support - build strong relationships with parents to ensure open communication
- Program Support – contribute to play based learning and education program for children
- Team Support – pro-actively participate in all activities and communications with wider team
- Child Protection – identify, respond and document any child protection risks as required
Qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Children’s Services (Or equivalent)
- Proven experience in a similar role in a child care centre
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Demonstrated ability to remain vigilant in ensuring the care of all children is maintained
- Commitment to ensuring centre is compliant as per Health, Safety and Welfare requirements
- A genuine passion and drive in providing children with the best possible start in life
- A strong alignment to Mission Australia’s purpose and values
As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National criminal history check. In addition there is a requirement to possess a current Working with Children check (Blue Card) or apply if you do not already hold one. It is unlawful for prohibited persons to apply for work with children, and, as such, prohibited persons cannot apply for this role.
- Not for Profit Salary Packaging benefits which reduces your taxable income (details via Advantage )
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
- 50% Discounted childcare
- Above Award Rates
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Ongoing Support for training and professional development
Click “APPLY NOW” noting application close Sunday 23 rd April, 2017.
Lead Educator – Level 4.pdf
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: , QLD, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-13