OverviewMineral Resources Mining Superintendent Full Time in Pilbara WA
Branch Pilbara WA AU
Facets of Safety, Production and Maintenance. Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is a….
Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is a leading Australian based diversified mining services, contracting, processing and commodities production company. MRL’s unique and robust business model, coupled with its industry position as the mining services provider of choice, has ensured a reputation for delivering the highest quality services in the specialist fields of minerals processing, contract crushing, mine ownership and operation to name a few.
MRL remains at the forefront of its craft and this allows for a strong culture of innovation which continues to foster the development of significant potential new revenue streams, through diversification via commodities including Iron Ore and Lithium amongst others as well as in our mine contracting service offerings that range from construction, contract mining and crushing, power generation, bulk material handling via our road, rail and port assets to camp and facilities management.
To support Mineral Resources continued growth and operational success, we are currently seeking a Mining Superintendent, to join our team on a full time basis. This exciting position will form part of the operations team located at our Wodgina Lithium mine site.
Key requirements and responsibilities:
- Ensure the continued safe operation of the site by adhering to MRL policies and procedures and the site Safety, Health and Environmental Management Plan and demonstrating leadership in all safety related matters.
- Improve the efficient operation of the mining fleet and promote best industry practice to achieve all operational targets of productivity, quality and cost.
- To continually strive to identify opportunities to improve the efficiency of the mining operation and implement changes as agreed with senior management.
- Effectively manage a team of supervisors, operators and subcontractors to ensure a harmonious working environment with minimal HR issues, conducive to a safe and efficient operation.
- Ensure the timely reporting of KPI’s and production statistics as required.
- Liaise with the MRL clients & subcontractors and implement mutually agreed performance and operating strategies.
- Conduct project work and other tasks as periodically assigned in a timely and professional manner
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Unrestricted Quarry Manager Certificate
- Degree in Mining Engineering or related discipline (desired.)
- 5+ years’ experience in a Mining Superintendent position, managing an open cut mining operation
- Strong understanding of safety and environmental management systems with the ability to drive a strong safety culture
- Demonstrated leadership experience with the ability to enhance the performance of people
- Proven experience leading a successful mining operation across all facets of Safety, Production and Maintenance
- Driven performer with a high focus on continuous improvement
- Sound contractual and commercial skills
MRL is an equal opportunity employer and encourage people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, to apply for this position.
This is your opportunity to establish an exciting career path that only a dynamic company provide.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Pilbara, WA, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-16