OverviewMetcash Project Manager – Safety Program Full Time in New South Wales
Branch NSW AU
Project Manager – Safety Program
New South Wales
Monitoring project financials. According to the project plan. Source and manage necessary project resources….
Job no: 497807
Work type: Full time
Business Unit: Logistics
Categories: Logistics & Distribution
We are a $13 billion plus business with locations across Australia, New Zealand and China. Metcash proudly support independently owned retailers across our portfolio of brands including Mitre 10, IGA, Cellarbrations, Friendly Grocer, Campbells and The Bottle-O. At Metcash we are transforming our business and challenging the status quo of retail. We are creating a great place to work, with our 6,000 employees all passionate about achieving our purpose of Successful Independents.
About the Role
To manage the delivery of complex Safety projects identified as a result of a recent review. The projects include Behaviour and Culture Leadership Training, Safety Branding & Communication and Systems, Metrics and Measures. This role will direct all activities for the deployment of the projects including translating business requirements into people, process and technology changes to the agreed cost, quality and timeframe.
What you’ll do:
- Establish and manage effective project activities to delivery quality outcomes.
- Manage a team(s) of project employees operating on complex cross functional solutions with numerous internal and external stakeholders.
- Controlling project design and planning activities associated with complex cross functional solutions.
- Define, source and manage necessary project resources.
- Control project schedules to ensure that necessary modules and programs are completed according to the project plan.
- Prepare project budgets, attaining necessary approvals in a timely manner and monitoring project financials.
- Effectively control and manage the issues, risks, dependencies and changes in scope.
- Exceed stakeholder expectations through the application of stakeholder and change management disciplines.
- Develop and manage vendor contracts/agreements associated with projects under management.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives through to successful closure delivering financial and cultural benefits to the business.
What you’ll bring:
- Extensive Project Management experience, with “hands on” implementation, support and troubleshooting skills/experience. (Certifications required, PMBok preferred).
- Lean or Six Sigma training experience coupled with significant, demonstrable, experience and FMCG experience (highly desirable).
- Tertiary qualifications in business management or a related discipline.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project.
- Advanced planning & organisation skills in a technical environment
- Advanced leadership, written and verbal communication skills.
- Delivery of complex solutions within complex environments.
- Ability to build strategic working relationships, both internally and externally.
- Credibility and commercial acumen – the ability to influence and gain “buy in”.
- A results-oriented mindset capable of delivering timely results through measureable outcomes.
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills, adept at finding and implementing solutions.
- Strong teaching and knowledge transfer skills.
What we can offer you?
- A competitive remuneration package
- Flexible work environment
- Modern office facilities, including onsite café, gym, tennis courts, shared swimming pool, BBQ’s, close to public transport, WiFi facilities, break out/ collaboration spaces
- Free and secure onsite car parking
- Multiple career opportunities and the opportunity to be part of our transformation journey
Applications close: 19 May 2017
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: , NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-20