OverviewMetcash CATEGORY ASSISTANT Full Time in Victoria
Branch VIC AU
Marketing, finance, supply chain, Customer Service ). Independent Hardware Group….
Job no: 497955
Work type: Full time
Business Unit: Independent Hardware Group
Site: Heatherton HTH
Metcash are a $13.bn business with over 6,000 employees in Australia and New Zealand. We are a challenger brand and champion of the independent, supporting local retailers. Our portfolio of consumer brands includes IGA, Cellarbrations Mitre 10 and Home Time & Hardware. Together, Mitre 10 and Home Timber & Hardware are known as Independent Hardware Group (IHG).
As an employer we empower our people to be accountable allowing them to grow their own careers. We give them the opportunity to champion innovation and initiatives which will make a difference to the independent retail industry. We offer development opportunities and reward initiative, success and results.
Independent Hardware Group (IHG) has a focus on people, performance and providing great customer outcomes by working together and building partnerships.
Located in Heatherton and reporting to the Category Manager, the Category Assistant will provide support to the Category Manager, assist in planning and contributing to the efficient operation of the Merchandise Department. This position will also provide assistance to the Business Unit Manager in relation to reports, correspondence and communications (internal and external)
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Masterfile Maintenance including price adjustments and general product file information
- Co-ordination and administration of promotional submissions, loading promotional files and administration of samples
- Management of the catalogue program, conduct copy and product proofing and review catalogue performance
- Preparing analysis work for category reviews as directed by the National Category Manager –run system reports as required
- Monitoring stock levels of core ranges with an emphasis on import ranges
- Assistance with Return to Vendor Program ( Providing data and monitoring progress)
- Manage store communications via Daily Store Bulletins and dedicated Range Brochures, member trade communications relating to price movements, surveys and sales details
- Attending relevant meetings with suppliers in order to maintain a close understanding of mutual business opportunities
- As required, conduct competition check analysis on applicable products / categories and maintenance of price sensitive lines
- Assisting with Member Committee presentations and other Events such as the Annual Conferences and Merchandise Roadshows
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders across the business (inventory, marketing, finance, supply chain, Customer Service )
- Form part of “Project Teams” as required
To be Successful in this role you will need the following:
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Sound analytical ability;
- Effective time and resource management skills;
- Strong customer focus
- Experience in the use of MS Office, with particular focus on Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining quality systems (database)
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment
- Can do Attitude
- Uses Initiative
- A strong understanding of trade practices legislation and other laws and standards applicable to the role, an appreciation of their importance and a demonstrated ability to follow them.
By joining the Independent Hardware Group you will be joining culture of hardworking and passionate individuals who are all striving to make a positive impact within the independent retail industry.
If this sounds like your ideal position then apply today!
No agencies will be entertained.
Applications close: 12 May 2017
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Victoria, TX, US
Posted on: 2017-04-20