OverviewMercyCare Aboriginal Health Practitioner Contract in Joondalup WA
Branch Joondalup WA AU
Aboriginal Health Practitioner
To government funding). MercyCare is seeking an Aboriginal Health Practitioner to join….
MercyCare is seeking an Aboriginal Health Practitioner to join our team in the Merriwa Community Hub on a full-time basis (subject to government funding). This role will be a unique opportunity for an Aboriginal Health Professional to explore new ways of working in a place based setting to engage community and service providers to improve access and build capacity in the delivery of culturally safe services.
- Identify as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and be an active member with in the local Aboriginal Communities (section 50 (D) and section 27(2) of the Equal Opportunities Act.
- Hold a Certificate IV in Primary Health and attained registration with the Aboriginal Torres Strat Island Health Practice Board of Australia as an Aboriginal Health Practitioner
- Understand the relationship between, Primary Health service provision, Place Based community services, Service Users and the social determinants of health
- Particular experience and an understating of issues affecting the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal and or Torres Strait Islander families and children
- A knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal Torres Strait Islander societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues, particularly in the health area which are affecting Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people and a demonstrated ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people.
- Experience with service modalities dealing with mental health, suicide prevention and alcohol and drug
- National Police Clearance (obtained within the last 6 months)
Applications close on 1 May 2017. Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately and the position may close earlier than stated if we have found a suitable candidate.
We welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Joondalup, WA, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-21