OverviewMercy Health Consultant Psychiatrist – Mother Baby Services Contract in Melbourne VIC
Branch Melbourne VIC AU
Consultant Psychiatrist – Mother Baby Services
Copy of Fellowship certificate from specialist college – certified copy. Stepping Stones – our flexibility framework supporting your growth and work life…
Mercy Mental Health is seeking an experienced consultant peri-natal psychiatrist to join our team of dedicated clinicians.
About the role:
• Provide clinical leadership and support to the outpatient Mother Baby service program at the Wyndham Clinic in Hoppers Crossing.
• Provides support to the mother baby unit at the Werribee Mercy Hospital when required
• Assist in the implementations of a peri-natal consultation liaison psychiatry service to the Werribee Mercy Hospital
• Supervision of RANZCP trainees
• 12 Month Full Time Fixed Term contract working in the Adult Mental Health Program to be extended by mutual agreement.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation employing over 7000 people who provide compassionate and holistic care through our acute hospitals, aged care facilities, mental health programs, palliative and respite services, maternity and women’s health services, early parenting services and home care services.
The Mercy Health – Mother Baby Services forms part of Mercy Mental Health situated at the Werribee Mercy Hospital. It provides comprehensive psychiatric services to mothers and infants from Western Metropolitan Melbourne and Western rural Victoria as part of a state wide mother baby service.
The Service comprises both inpatient and community teams. The inpatient unit admits mothers with psychiatric illness together with their infants and provides a comprehensive treatment program with a multidisciplinary team consisting of psychiatrists, psychologist, social worker, maternal and child health nurse and psychiatric nurses. The community team provides outpatient assessments and treatment for both antenatal and postnatal women in a variety of clinical settings as well as consultation liaison with mental health and maternity services and community education.
The service is accredited by the RANZCP for teaching purposes and has a busy academic program. The University of Notre Dame, School of Medicine has commenced a teaching program at Werribee Mercy Hospital. Adjunct academic positions are available for interested candidates.
• Fellowship of the Royal Australia and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists
• Specialist Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
• Experience in Peri-natal Psychiatry service provision
• You will have well-developed communications skills and be comfortable practicing within a Recovery Orientated Mental Health Service framework.
• You will have demonstrated clinical leadership skills
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Values driven culture
• Salary packaging benefits
• Leadership Capability Framework to support your career progression and development
• Camp Australia School Holiday Program
• Thrive @ Mercy – our health & wellbeing hub supporting you to be the best you can be
• Stepping Stones – our flexibility framework supporting your growth and work life balance
• Fully funded childcare referral service
To find out more about these exciting initiatives, please visit Mercy Health Careers homepage (http://careers.mercy.com.au/)
Please forward the following documents to Vicky Karitinos, Executive Assistant, Chief Medical Office, Health Services, Level 6, 163 Studley Road Heidelberg 3084 or [email protected]
• Mercy Public Hospital Inc Specialist Application Form (available with PD)
• 100 point identification check – certified copies
• Current AHPRA Medical Registration certificate
• Current Medical Indemnity certificate – certified copy
• Copy of Fellowship certificate from specialist college – certified copy
• Evidence of participation in CPD program
• Cover letter / Current Curriculum Vitae
At Mercy Health we embrace diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and valued. Mercy Health encourages Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples to apply.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Enquiries to: A/Prof Dean Stevenson, Clinical Services Director, Mental Health Services (03) 9928 7483 or [email protected]
Quote Ref No: MMH 23
Applications Close: Sunday 7 May 2017
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Melbourne, VIC, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-15