OverviewMercy Health Assistant in Nursing & Hotel Services Employee Part Time in Western Australia
Branch WA AU
Assistant in Nursing & Hotel Services Employee
We have fantastic career opportunity for professional and experienced Assistant(s) in Nursing (AIN) and Hotel Services Employees to join our 66 bed residential…
Mercy Place Lathlain
• Permanent, part time positions available
• Caring organisation with strong values
• Salary packaging available
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation grounded in a 2,000-year tradition of caring for others. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy Health employs over 6,000 people from many cultures and backgrounds who, irrespective of their beliefs, share a common bond to care for those in need.
As a leading provider of health and aged care services including residential aged care, independent living units, home and community care and palliative care, Mercy Health cares for people in Victoria, southern New South Wales, the Australian Capital Territory, and as of 1 September 2014, Western Australia.
We have fantastic career opportunity for professional and experienced Assistant(s) in Nursing (AIN) and Hotel Services Employees to join our 66 bed residential Aged Care Facility in Lathlain.
As an Assistant in Nursing you are a resident’s primary day to day contact. You will be responsible for providing care that is based on assessed resident’s needs that promotes quality of life and enhances the ability of individuals to maintain their independence.
To be successful in this role you will have:
• A Certificate III or IV in Aged Care
• Be self-directed and excel in your time management and organisational skills
• Ability to work well within a team, as well as ability to work independently as required
• Developed communication and interpersonal skills
• Previous experience in aged care is highly desirable
• Current First Aid, CPR, manual handling and infection control certificates are highly desirable.
Hotel Services involves providing assistance with preparation, serving and delivery of meals to our residents, laundering of resident’s personal clothing and bed linen and ensuring the facility is cleaned and maintained in accordance with prescribed routines and in line with the infection control guideline and Mercy Health’s Policies and Procedures.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
• Experience in general domestic and food service duties including working with relevant chemicals and equipment
• Knowledge of food safety guidelines
• Ability to operate commercial laundry equipment
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to operate in a busy team environment
• Able to develop sound and efficient working routines
• Able to be adaptable in an unpredictable environment
• Excellent time management skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an award winning organisation and take the next step in your career.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current National Police Certificate.
Enquiries to: Karen Bahn, Acting Service Manager, (08) 9361 8969.
Quote Ref No: LATH17
Applications Close: Monday 27 April 2015
Passionate, but not yet qualified?
Mercy Health Training Institute offers nationally recognised qualifications in home and community, aged and health care. For more information or to enrol, visit www.mercyhealth.com.au/au/mhti
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: , WA, AU
Posted on: 2015-04-19