OverviewMercy Community Services SEQ Limited Family Response Facilitator – Domestic and Family Violence Full Time in Queensland
Mercy Community Services SEQ Limited
Branch QLD AU
Family Response Facilitator – Domestic and Family Violence
A demonstrated, evidence-based practice framework for understanding and working with domestic and family violence….
Are you looking for a job with meaning; one that connects your personal values with an organisation that supports the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our community? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package; and receive training and ongoing development?
Do you want to make a difference? Family and Child Connect is a Queensland Government funded initiative aimed at ensuring vulnerable families and children have access to high-quality services at the right time to help them to maintain the family unit. Children and young people will be at the centre of the new system, with supported and supportive parents, families and communities. The program works in partnership with the Palm Island Community Company.
Mercy Community Services (MCS) has supported children, young people, families and the Queensland community for over 100 years. At any point in time, our 800 MCS staff walk alongside more than 4000 people. Our capacity to work within the sector is evidenced by the types of programs we deliver with funding from Commonwealth, State, and Local Government departments over many years. In all our services, staff connect with a myriad of clients, professional stakeholders, and community representatives.
Palm Island Community Company Limited is a not-for-profit organisation invested in providing social services and capacity building across a range of activities, specifically targeted for Palm Island and the Townsville area.
Palm Island Community Company Limited delivers the following services; Woman’s Service, Safe House, Family Support Hub (including family intervention and counselling), Safe Haven Program, Diversionary Services, Children and Family Centre (including maternal and family health services), Disability Services, Community Justice Program and capacity building of the Palm Island community.
The Role The Family and Child Connect team has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated professional to join the team. The role is responsible for providing quality service delivery to children, young people, families and the community within the Family and Child Connect service.
Located in Townsville, this position will play a key role in supporting MCS clients as part of the Family and Child Connect team, to see more about this role please see the position description attached below.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Tertiary degree or above in Human Services, Social Work, Psychology or related discipline.
- A demonstrated, evidence-based practice framework for understanding and working with domestic and family violence.
- Experience in working within the domestic and family violence sector and working knowledge of the services, and responses required by families.
- Group facilitation skills and experience.
- Extensive experience in safety and needs assessment and planning, including application of the Domestic and Family Violence Protection Act 2012.
- Previous experience in working with people experiencing family violence, and a working knowledge of the services and responses available.
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Excel.
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver Licence.
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required.
- Evidence of current vaccination against whooping cough or willingness to obtain prior to commencement, unless applicable exemption provided as per the relevant MCS procedure.
Level 6 requirement:
- Extensive experience working with male perpetrators of DV including group work utilising an evidence-based practice framework in the child protection context with demonstrated results.
It is Beneficial for candidates to have:
- Experience in strengths-based casework with complex families.
- Safety and Risk assessment skills.
- Sound understanding and knowledge of the Queensland child protection system.
- An understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures and societies and the issues which impact upon them in contemporary society together with a commitment to culturally appropriate engagement and practice.
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend that you view our website and Employee Value Proposition for more information about who we are.
This Full Time position offers a competitive remuneration package of $65,198- $70,709 in line with level 5-6 of our Enterprise Agreement. You will also have the opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing and other benefits available within our Enterprise Agreement.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: , QLD, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-16