OverviewMercy Community Services Foster Care Worker – Part Time Part Time in Caboolture QLD
Mercy Community Services
Branch Caboolture QLD AU
Foster Care Worker – Part Time
Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Human Services or related discipline. Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for…
Are you looking for a job with meaning; one that connects your personal values with an organisation that supports the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our community? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package; and receive training and ongoing development?
Do you want to make a difference?
Mercy Community Services (MCS) exists to support and empower those who are poor, vulnerable, marginalised or in a position of disadvantage. We aim to be recognised as a leading provider and facilitator of quality, responsive community services.
Our Intensive Foster and Kinship Care team have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated professional to join our team in our Caboolture office.
The role is responsible for the provision of high quality support to foster and kinship carers to assist carers to meet the identified needs of the children and young people placed in care within our Intensive Foster and Kinship Care program..
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Minimum of a Diploma in Social Work, Human Services or related discipline or extensive experience within a similar role.
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Human Services or related discipline.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in working with children and families, particularly in assisting with the assessment, planning processes and support around the management of children with difficult behaviours.
- Demonstrated experience in the support and mentoring of children and young people in out of home care.
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Excel.
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver Licence.
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required.
- Evidence of current vaccination against whooping cough or willingness to obtain prior to commencement, unless applicable exemption provided as per the relevant MCS procedure.
It is Beneficial for candidates to have:
- Sound understanding and knowledge of the Queensland child protection system.
- An understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures and societies and the issues which impact upon them in contemporary society together with a commitment to culturally appropriate engagement and practice.
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend that you view our website and Employee Value Proposition .
The Part Time position offers a competitive remuneration package between $29.16 -$32.89 gross per hour in line with a level 4 – 5 of our Enterprise Agreement (dependant on experience and qualifications). You will also have the opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing and other benefits available within our Enterprise Agreement. Part Time hours will constitute 3 days per week.
Applications for this position will close on 4th May 2017 at 9am.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Caboolture, QLD, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-22