OverviewMelbourne Water Asset Practitioner (Form and Connectivity), Waterways Asset Management Full Time in Docklands VIC
Branch Docklands VIC AU
Asset Practitioner (Form and Connectivity), Waterways Asset Management
Extensive technical and professional experience and a tertiary degree in Waterways, Natural Resource or Environmental Management….
Melbourne Water is a significant business. We manage water supply catchments, sewage, along with rivers, creeks and major drainage systems. This role within the Asset Management Services Group will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference and contribute to a positive work environment; one where people can learn and perform to their full potential and are committed to our vision of enhancing life and liveability.
The Waterways Asset Management Services team exists to ensure there is a direct relationship between strategic service outcomes and on-ground activities through the application of best practice asset management and waterway management principles and processes. We are driving a transformation in how Melbourne Water manages waterways assets to support the provision of environmental services that are valued by our customers and community.
As Asset Practitioner, Waterway Form and Connectivity you will play a key role in this transformation by ensuring waterway condition supports the service outcomes defined in the Healthy Waterways strategy by leading the application of the waterways asset management approach.
Your Skills and Experience
- Extensive technical and professional experience and a tertiary degree in Waterways, Natural Resource or Environmental Management
- High level technical knowledge of waterways management principals and management activities, including erosion management techniques and fishways functioning and operation
- Significant experience in condition and performance monitoring and evaluation
- Demonstrated adoption of fundamental asset management principles or understanding of how they translate to waterways
- Experience in the development of waterways management plans and management regimes
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise and manage an individual work program
- Experience leading projects involving employees from a range of disciplines
- Excellent communication skills and experience in communicating technical/scientific information.
Your ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders is required together with a qualification in Natural Resource Management.
For more information, please see the attached Position Description: Position Description – Waterways Asset Management, Asset Practitioner (Form and Connectivity) – April 2017.pdf
Working at Melbourne Water
Working at Melbourne Water, you will be part of a talented, passionate team dedicated to enhancing liveability in Melbourne and beyond. You’ll do truly meaningful work in a supportive, constructive culture that encourages you to make the most of your individual talents.
We provide a range of initiatives and benefits to make help our people thrive professionally and personally.
Melbourne Water is committed to flexible working, offering a variety of flexible arrangements to suit you and us, understanding that it brings with it customer and business benefits as well as helping individual employees achieve a good work–life fit.
Diversity is important to Melbourne Water. We encourage applications from mature age workers, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability and people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Docklands, VIC, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-20