OverviewMaths Pathway Event Specialist Full Time in Melbourne VIC
Branch Melbourne VIC AU
Phenomenal event management skills. Managing year-long tasks, such as the events budget, events calendar and building relationships with internal/external…
The Role: To date, our events have been managed by our Engagement Specialist who also works on conference attendance and marketing. While this has worked in the past, the company is now wanting to run more events throughout the year.
This role will involve taking full ownership over all event tasks, including:
- Managing year-long tasks, such as the events budget, events calendar and building relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Manage pre-event logistics, including: correspondence, registration, website pages, resource preparation, travel and accommodation.
- Manage post-event logistics, including: correspondence, records, feedback, invoicing and reporting.
The Requirements: We hire ambitious, brilliant, and at least somewhat humble people. We love people who think outside the box, refuse to accept mediocrity, and take the initiative to solve problems or improve what we do without first being told to do it.
For this role, we have no specific degree requirements. You’ll need to have impeccable written and spoken communication skills, enjoy dealing with people, and respect teachers and teaching, or this won’t go well. Apart from that, we’re interested in your skills, experience and values.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Phenomenal event management skills
- Experience managing travel arrangements
- Experience managing budgets and calendars
- Extremely comfortable using Microsoft Office (incl. mail merge), Google Drive and Dropbox.
- Extraordinary attention to detail and amazing organisational ability
- Process-oriented (you care about how things are done, not just the outcome)
- Excellent time and task management
- Critical thinker, including regularly providing and seeking high quality, positive and constructive feedback to/from all the people you work with
- Belief in our vision and goals, and a cultural and interpersonal fit with our team
- Driver’s licence with own car
- Hospitality/event management certificates/qualifications
- Experience working in the Education Sector
- Experience using the following programs/tools: Mailchimp, Zapier, Typeform, Adobe Suite (or equivalent for all)
- Experience liaising with vendors
The successful applicant must also:
- Be able to obtain a Working With Children’s Check.
- Be an Australian Citizens, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa.
- Take a flexible approach to working hours as some events require overnight travel.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Values: The Maths Pathway values are a critical part of our way of working. We expect all our people to demonstrate these values. The full list is on our website, but here’s the short version:
- I am passionate, driven and determined
- I am curious and ready to learn
- I remain humble and grounded in the face of success
- I am forthcoming and sincere in my communication
- I am compassionate and principled
- I am bold, ambitious and precise
- I look after myself
The Company Maths Pathway is a young, rapidly growing organisation. We’re just over three years old, have twenty-odd staff, and work with around 160 schools, 20,000 students and 1000 teachers. We want to change how every school in Australia (and eventually the world) teaches maths, and we have the capability (with your help) to pull that off. You’ll be working with people from a range of backgrounds, all of them smart, interesting, entertaining, and committed to doing amazing things in the world of education.
You’ll get all the training you need to understand what we do, incredibly supportive co-workers, a flat hierarchy that rewards innovation and lateral thinking as much as performance, a comfy spot in our newly acquired office in South Melbourne, top class equipment, daily crosswords, random table tennis or Rocket League challenge matches, your own personal development and training budgets, and all the coffee (or tea) you can drink
Your starting salary will be determined based on your current set of skills and abilities, and we’ll actively coach and train you to get yourself to the highest level possible.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Melbourne, VIC, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-14