OverviewManpower Civil Supervisor – Construction – Mt Emerald Full Time in Queensland
Branch QLD AU
Civil Supervisor – Construction – Mt Emerald
Civil Supervisor – Construction. 3+ yearsâ experience working with road, hardstand and foundation construction environment….
Civil Supervisor – Construction
Vestas is undertaking a wind farm project in Queensland and requires an experienced Construction Civil Supervisor to assist the project. This position operates within a small project team supported by various functions within Australia.
The purpose of this role is to plan, schedule and supervise all Civil works carried out on-site during the construction phase of the project including earth works, roads, trenching, foundations for WTG Towers, buildings, and structural (steel and concrete) activities. The Civil Supervisor will monitor witness and report on the works of the BOP subcontractor.
- This is a site-based role in Mt. Emerald, Queensland near the town of Mareeba in the Atherton Tablelands.
The Civil Construction Supervisor is accountable for Quality Assurance, Health & Safety, training, plant & equipment, environmental issues, community awareness, leadership of staff and subcontractors, as well as the following:
- Ensuring compliance with scope requirements, making sure all assigned works are completed on time
- Witnessing inspection and tests
- Reporting on progress works or inspections / tests?
- Bring standards compliance knowledge to the team
- Ensure that BOP progress is as required, which may not be obvious to untrained eye
- Contribute to deriving solutions or mitigation measures should delays be incurred.
- Maintain a good working relationship with onsite client (if applicable).
- Ensure all work carried out is in compliance with Quality and Site Safety requirements at all times.
- 3+ yearsâ experience working with road, hardstand and foundation construction environment
- Ability to display practical hands on approach to civil works during construction operation
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including oral and written communication skills
- Managed or supervised teams in a major site based construction environment
- Developed work rosters and time allocation in major asset construction and / or environment
- Supervision and direct management of subcontractors, direct labour and suppliers
- Managed sub-contractors in remote site locations e.g. earth works, excavation, and civil works
- Management and reporting of budgetary requirements and working to strict timelines
- Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: , QLD, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-16