OverviewMacquarie Group Limited Deal Management Analyst – Senior Associate Full Time in Sydney NSW
Macquarie Group Limited
Branch Sydney NSW AU
Deal Management Analyst – Senior Associate
MacCap provides advisory and capital raising services to corporate and government clients involved in public mergers and acquisitions, private treaty…
About the role
A unique opportunity exists to join the Macquarie Capital Deal Management Team. The Deal Management Team perform a middle office function for Macquarie Capital (MacCap) and several other Groups, and deals closely with transaction teams and other teams such as Finance, Legal, Tax and Compliance. This is a unique opportunity to join a business which is responsible for the development and implementation of a range of global principal investments and structured finance transactions. The Team’s current portfolio consists primarily of principal investments in non-financial businesses, strategic equity stakes in listed companies and structured transactions.
The Deal Management Team is responsible for all on-going management and administration of global transactions from pre-settlement to termination. As such, the team is required to analyse proposed transactions and implement their successful operation on a day-to-day basis. Key responsibilities will include:
- work closely with dynamic principal transaction teams
- establishment of new transaction funding lines with internal Treasury
- responsibility for implementing currency and interest rate hedging
- managing deal cash flows and other on-going obligations
- identifying risks in management of deals and implementing measures to address
- liaising with and reporting to various stakeholders.
To be successful in this role, you will possess strong tertiary qualifications in finance, accounting or a related field and have a passion for financial markets. You will also:
- be pro-active and possess a high degree of attention to detail
- possess strong problem solving skills
- possess strong numerical and spreadsheet skills
- be a lateral thinker
- be highly organised
- have the ability to work effectively to meet tight deadlines in a dynamic environment
- possess the commitment to follow all tasks through to completion
- demonstrate strong relationship building and team skills
- have the confidence and ability to deal with senior management
- have ambitions for further qualifications (CA, CFA or similar).
In the first instance, please submit your resume along with a copy of your transcripts. For further information, please contact Laura Cooper on 02 8232 0337.
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG’s purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
The Deal Management team is primarily responsible for supporting MacCap. MacCap provides advisory and capital raising services to corporate and government clients involved in public mergers and acquisitions, private treaty acquisitions and divestments, debt and equity fund raising and corporate restructuring. It also undertakes principal investing activities globally in support of its client activities.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion – our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you’re capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Sydney, NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-21