OverviewLink Oil and Gas Professionals Business Analyst Contract in West Perth WA
Link Oil and Gas Professionals
Branch West Perth WA AU
West Perth WA
Monthly reporting and variance analysis supporting Project Operations. Presentation on monthly financial results and analysis to budget holders….
About the Role:
This role will report to the Business Analyst Lead, supporting management of controllable costs and capital expenditure.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Month end accounting requirements operating projects
- Operations for controllable costs and capital expenditures including accruals and cost allocations
- Monthly reporting and variance analysis supporting Project Operations
- Presentation on monthly financial results and analysis to budget holders
- Provide support to the operations’ department managers to enhance cost visibility and accountability
- Assist Budget Holders (and their teams) in understanding the reporting structure, the use of cost elements and cost objects (orders/cost centres/WBS’s)
- Provide guidance on identifying Operations KPI’s and prioritising cost management opportunities for Operations
- Identify and implement process improvements in planning, reporting and cost allocation processes
- Provide cost control support for projects and major maintenance activities including supporting AFE preparation, prepare cost forecasts aligned to project schedule &reporting of contract/PO expenditures against approved commitments
- Assist in development of annual budgets and monthly forecasts
- Assist with development of Long Range Plan
- Assist with corporate reporting requirements
- Other financial reporting & analysis duties, as required.
- Recognised Degree in Accounting.
- Currently holds or working towards CPA.
- 5 years+ experience in an Accounting or an Analyst role.
- Experience in SAP preferable
- Excellent Communication Skills – This role will require a high level of interaction with all departments, primarily operations. The ideal person will possess exceptional interaction skills, and the ability to engage with others at all levels. Be able to initiate face to face and over the phone contact rather than rely on emails.
- Self- Starter - Able to manage their workload, while showing initiative with minimal supervision.
- High Level of Accuracy – High attention to detail and analytically minded.
Candidates with suitable experience and skills can submit a CV by clicking the ‘APPLY’ button and following the prompts. Please note we will contact suitable applicants.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: West Perth, WA, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-15