OverviewLinfox Forklift Operator – Dayshift Full Time in Perth WA
Branch Perth WA AU
Forklift Operator – Dayshift
Chain of responsibility awareness. More than 19,200 people deliver sophisticated supply chain services to a wide range of leading business names….
Full time , Distribution/Warehouse
Linfox Logistics is divided into industry sectors, each dedicated to specialised supply chain solutions, including warehousing, distribution centre management, transport and logistics for Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG), Retail, Industrial and Linehaul operations.
Today the massive Linfox Logistics business operates more than 3.8 million square metres of warehousing and nearly 5,000 vehicles across 10 countries. More than 19,200 people deliver sophisticated supply chain services to a wide range of leading business names.
We are currently seeking an experienced Dayshift forklift operator with extensive warehouse, ugly freight and load restraint exposure to join our Resource & Industrial team in Hazelmere, WA.
Key responsibilities are:
- Driving the Linfox Safety Standards at all times, and ensuring that vision ZERO is a daily focus.
- Day to day management of our general and ugly freight, which will vary in weight and sizes
- Ensure total compliance to all company safety processes and procedures
- Operators are to ensure they are correctly attired to perform functions
- Ensure that you carry out all pre start equipment checks before commencing any tasks
- Ensure safe operation of various types of material handling equipment
- Follow all Linfox logistics Standard Operating Procedures
- Tracking and recording of freight movements through SAP
- Put pallets away into locations as defined by the warehouse management system
- Attending daily toolboxes and daily prestart checks on MHE equipment
- Ensure all hazards and risks are identified and reported, evaluated and controlled in accordance with Linfox Safety Policy and Procedures.
- Adhering and achieving the Linfox and customer safety goals in direct areas of responsibility and following all relevant OH&S legislative, policy and procedural requirements.
To be successful, you will have the following skills and experience;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in warehousing operations, preferably dealing with non-palletised freight in the mining industry or 3PL environment.
- Possess HRW LF
- Extensive experience loading and unloading of ugly freight.
- Good understanding of load restraint and previously used chains, ratchet chains and straps.
- Chain of responsibility awareness
- High customer services focus, excellent written, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively engage internal and external stakeholders on all levels.
- Intermediate level of computer literacy, particularly SAP and MS office suite.
- Good knowledge of Chain of Responsibility and road transport legislation.
What’s on offer:
- Permanent, full time role
- Good working conditions
- Growing organisation, offering career stability
- Further training and development opportunities
You will be required to meet Linfox’s employment criteria which will include but not be limited to a Criminal History Check and full medical with a drug and alcohol test.
If you would like to be part of Linfox and consider your skills and experience to be suitable for this position, please apply now by clicking the ‘Apply’ button
Applications close 30/04/2017
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Perth, WA, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-25