OverviewLend Lease Workshop Foreman Full Time in Melbourne VIC
Branch Melbourne VIC AU
Ideally will have mechancial trade papers or mechanical engineering degree or you may be a qualified Diesel Mechanic with experience as a supervisor or foreman…
Lend Lease is one of the world’s leading property and infrastructure groups. Our vision is to create the best places not just for our clients and communities, but especially for our employees. Delivering iconic and award-winning projects, we are setting standards in innovative and industry-leading project management, construction and design services locally and globally.
Based at the Lend Lease Building business’ plant yard in Altona North you will be responsible for managing workshop operations to ensure that plant is maintained in good working order and appearance, and is delivered to projects on-time and safely. This will require you to:
- Ensure that the workshop is adequately resourced, manage workshop employees and resolve any day-to-day workshop industrial relations issues
- Ensure quality workmanship is carried out by your team
- develop planned maintenance programs and scheduling
- Upkeep of the Computerised Management System, including issuing all daily work orders
- Coordinate, prioritise and control workshop and on site repairs
- Ensure all inspections and audits are carried out in a timely manner
- Oversee the procurement and qualification of subcontractors
- Plan, manage and report upon maintenance activities
- Report monthly on workshop performance with respect to safety, budget, quality and delivery
Ideally will have mechancial trade papers or mechanical engineering degree or you may be a qualified Diesel Mechanic with experience as a supervisor or foreman in a similar working environment, managing both direct employees as well as subcontractors. Experience with building construction plant such as cranes, hoists, forklifts and the like will be well regarded. You will be able to demonstrate a commitment to safe work practices, be adept at reporting and managing to a budget and be proficient in the use of MS Office. Regular over time and weekend work is required.
No matter where your office is, you will be a part of a company that values you. At Lend Lease, we invest in you professionally and personally so that you perform to your full potential to leave behind positive legacies in years to come.
Our aim is to create a workplace where people are respected and encouraged to fulfil their potential. We embrace all employee difference and foster a culture that supports diversity and inclusion.
Inspired to experience and create the best places with us? Contact Toni Jesson (02) 9237 5798 for more information or click on the “Apply” button to send us your application.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Melbourne, VIC, AU
Posted on: 2015-11-13