OverviewLeisure Retail Assistant Category Manager Contract in Brisbane QLD
Branch Brisbane QLD AU
Assistant Category Manager
Access to our corporate perks program offering great deals on accommodation, flights, gyms, insurances and much more! Contract/Temporary….
Job no: 841503
Work type: Contract/Temporary
Location: QLD – Brisbane Northern Suburbs
Use your strong relationship management skills and proactive approach to help drive the success of this category [12 month Maternity Leave contract] A little about us…
We are Super Retail Group, one of Australasia’s largest and most successful retail organisations and home to leading retail brands including Rebel, Amart Sports, Supercheap Auto, BCF and Rays. Started in 1972 and publicly listed in 2004, the Group has grown to become one of Australasia’s leading specialty retailers with more than 600 stores, 12,000 team members and annualised turnover in excess of $2 billion.
This is your chance to be part of something big!
We’re seeking an experienced Assistant Buyer ( Assistant Category Manager) to join our BCF team. This outstanding opportunity is based at our Lawnton Support Office in North Brisbane, and will suit an innovative Assistant Category Manager who is ready to help take this category to the next level!
Reporting to the Category Manager you will:
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders including our China Sourcing Office, network of Trade Partners, Stores, and various internal departments
- Accurately manage category data including the entry of new product lines, making cost changes, and updating product specifications
- Assist with the sourcing, testing, and selection of new products
- Edit and proof catalogues prior to distribution to ensure the accuracy of printed information
- Assist with the management of promotions and promotional material
- Analyse sales results to monitor overall category performance and to make informed ordering decisions
- Assist the Category Manager to achieve the strategic goals of the category
- Assist with buying decisions including assisting with the negotiation of trading terms, margins, and execution strategies
This opportunity sounds amazing! What skills and experience do I need to be successful?
Ideally you will have prior experience in a similar Buying, Purchasing, or Category Management role ( highly desirable ). Your experience working in a retail sales environment combined with your strong customer service skills, proactive nature and willingness to learn will see you succeed in this role.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- The ability to organize, plan and meet deadlines in a busy, fast moving team
- Strong relationship management skills and a keen eye for detail
- The ability to communicate, influence and negotiate with key stakeholders and Trade Partners
- Knowledge of SAP and intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills
An understanding of the principles and applications of category management, and experience with promotional/catalogue planning will also be highly regarded.
Life at Super Retail Group is fast paced, always expanding and very rewarding. So what’s on offer?
- An attractive salary package including a competitive base salary + super
- The opportunity to work for one of Australasia’s Top 10 ASX listed retailers with over 12,000 team members
- Access to an annual Team Member Share Plan
- Our commitment to team member development and creation of lifelong learning opportunities
- Generous discounts across all of our retail brands including Rebel, Amart Sports, BCF, Rays and Supercheap Auto!
- Access to our corporate perks program offering great deals on accommodation, flights, gyms, insurances and much more!
To find out more about us, please visit our website www.shareourpassion.com
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Super Retail Group strives to create an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about flexible working arrangements.
Closing date subject to change
Applications Close: 05/5/2017
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Brisbane, QLD, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-25