OverviewLangham Place Wok Cook Part Time in Melbourne VIC
Branch Melbourne VIC AU
Assist Chef’s in the Buffet Restaurant. This role is primarily responsible for manning the Asian Wok section within our Melba Restaurant….
The Langham Hotel Melbourne is currently looking for an experienced part-time Wok Cook to join our team. This role is primarily responsible for manning the Asian Wok section within our Melba Restaurant.
You will have the opportunity to work with the Kitchen department which consists of approximately 60 colleagues.
Previous experience in a fast paced working environment will be highly regarded, along with demonstrated experience in large volume production cooking.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Prepare & cook food within the applicable section of the Kitchen
- Assist Chef’s in the Buffet Restaurant
- Cooking food upon request whilst manning the buffet
- Assuring the mis en place for your section is prepared and completed to the standard of the Sous Chef
- Ensure your work area is as clean and sanitary as possible in accordance with City and State Health Department codes.
- Clean miscellaneous kitchen machinery/equipment periodically
For these roles, your attributes will be inclusive of the following:
- Strong experience in the preparation & cooking of Asian food
- Strong Technical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Team player
- Previous 5 Star Experience is highly regarded
- Flexibility with various shifts
In return for your expertise and professionalism, you will be rewarded with hotel discounts worldwide, discount car parking, uniform provided and laundered, subsidised staff meals, and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You’ll join a team passionate about ‘Knowing our Guests and Building Great Memories’.
These roles have the opportunity for growth. We are looking for the ‘right’ candidates, who lead by example and thrive on teamwork to ensure growth of the department!
If you think this is the right role for you, apply now! Come join our team!
HYGIENE AND GROOMING – Naturally in the service industry high standards of personal presentation, hygiene, grooming, and conservative hairstyles are of the greatest importance. This must present throughout the interview stage.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – The Langham, Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing diverse workforce and sustaining and inclusive culture.
Terms of employment
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Melbourne, VIC, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-24