OverviewKinexus Australia Senior Software Engineer Contract in Sydney Central Business District NSW
Branch Sydney Central Business District NSW AU
Senior Software Engineer
Sydney Central Business District NSW
Computer systems and applications. The entire software engineering process. Experienced in automated software testing/Continuous Integration….
Sydney on a short term contract. You will be working on Defence projects in one or more of
the following key technology domains; Communications, Command & Control, Navigation or
Simulation & Training.
Our engineers design, develop and deliver innovative – and extremely cool – global solutions in both aerospace and defense. Our passion for technology has earned us numerous patents that protect our solutions to some very complex problems. These patents help us maintain competitiveness in the markets we serve, as well as seize new business opportunities all over the world.
About the Role
You will be responsible for planning and coordination, user needs analysis & requirements definition, architecture & design definition and analysis, system implementation, integration & test, configuration & documentation and system support definition.
You will have a specialisation on one of the key technology domains above and an awareness of
the entire software engineering process. You may not necessarily be required or assigned to
perform tasks in each life?cycle phase but be capable of providing technical leadership within a
project team. The applicant should have a good knowledge base of software engineering and
computer systems and applications. Candidates will be expected to perform multiple tasks in
the context of a larger development team. This team member must be able to successfully
collaborate with a multi function team of experts in accomplishing tasks.
What you will have
* Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science, Technology or Engineering discipline
* An Australian citizen and the ability to obtain and maintain security clearance.
* Minimum of five years of commercial Software Engineering experience
* Experience with Visual Studio 2010/2013/2015
* Core Language experience C++ is essential
* Able to work independently with minimal supervision
* Experienced in automated software testing/Continuous Integration
* Familiar with software configuration management tools such as SourceTree/Git, SVN,Jira
* Experience in Soldier System development is highly desirable
* Experience in the Defence Industry, including use of export controlled information is
* Able to work effectively as a global team working with US, Asia and European team
Kinexus, formally Kinetic Recruitment, are the No. 1 defence recognised supplier with a specialisation in the recruitment of mid to senior level professionals who hold Defence or Federal government clearances across the spectrum of technology platforms. Kinexus are recognised as a top 15 Defence SME in Australia and support various major defence projects.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Danny Fleming on 02 9492 7510 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Sydney, NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-23