OverviewJustice Connect Justice Connect PLT placement – MOSAIC Project, Sydney office Contract in Sydney NSW
Branch Sydney NSW AU
Justice Connect PLT placement – MOSAIC Project, Sydney office
Attending the MOSAIC appointment locations and assisting with paralegal tasks such as arranging telephone interpreters and other administrative tasks as…
Justice Connect is a community legal centre, delivering access to justice through pro bono to people experiencing disadvantage and the community organisations that support them.
Our Sydney office is currently recruiting a PLT student to join our specialist migrant legal service the MOSAIC Project for 3 or 4 days per week, for a minimum of 60 days, commencing in May.
The MOSAIC Project is a program of Justice Connect’s Referral Service that provides free legal assistance and advocacy to refugees, asylum seekers and recently arrived migrants (who are from a non-English speaking background).
The main responsibilities of the MOSAIC PLT will be:
- Responding to telephone enquiries about MOSAIC, booking client appointments and undertaking legal research relevant to client matters;
- Attending the MOSAIC appointment locations and assisting with paralegal tasks such as arranging telephone interpreters and other administrative tasks as required;
- Inputting and maintaining accurate client information and communications on Justice Connect’s electronic file management database;
- Assisting in the development and preparation of precedents, legal research memos and other scoping documents as required; and
- Assisting in the preparation of training for pro bono lawyers, caseworkers and CALD communities.
Applications will be assessed on a demonstrated interest in and commitment to not-for-profit organisations and the community sector.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are highly encouraged to apply.
The Justice Connect Sydney office is located in the Sydney CBD where PLT students are based, although attendance at outreach services across Sydney is also required. This is an unpaid position. You must:
- Have completed or be close to completing College of Law, or its equivalent at a participating university;
- Be able to work 3 or 4 days a week; and
- Undertake a minimum of 60 days of practical legal training at Justice Connect.
Please specify if there are any days of the week you are unable to work. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the positions will be open until filled.
More information on what to expect from your placement: https://www.justiceconnect.org.au/get-involved/practical-legal-training/what-expect
How to Apply: Complete the form on our ‘Apply now’ page (including a CV and Cover Letter): https://www.justiceconnect.org.au/get-involved/practical-legal-training/apply-now
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Sydney, NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-21