OverviewJetstar AU Corporate Communications Advisor Full Time in Melbourne VIC
Branch Melbourne VIC AU
Corporate Communications Advisor
Working closely with the business to help identify media and internal issues and opportunities. It involves an element of domestic travel and some out-of-hours’…
We have a unique opportunity for an experienced Communications Advisor to join our Corporate Communications team.
As Corporate Communications Adviser you will play a vital role in supporting the Communications Manager, Australia to protect and enhance the reputation of Jetstar through external and internal communications.
This is a predominantly external-facing role which will see you deal with state and national media on a variety of issues, ranging from proactive stories to reactive media management in a fast-paced, high-profile environment. There is also an element of internal communications and social media.
This is an exciting and dynamic position that offers the opportunity to expand on your already solid skill base. It involves an element of domestic travel and some out-of-hours’ work on an on-call roster.
Reporting to the Communications Manager, your main accountabilities will include:
- Building and developing strong relationships with key media and other external stakeholders
- Preparing communication strategies, media releases, issue briefs and media responses
- Developing and editing key internal communication pieces and ensure they are relevant for specific audiences
- Working closely with the business to help identify media and internal issues and opportunities
- Building strong relationships across the business to become a trusted advisor
- Providing crisis and issues support when needed
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- A tertiary qualification in communications or similar field
- Demonstrated experience dealing with media in a high-profile environment
- Exceptional written and spoken communication skills
- Strong research and presentation skills
- Confidence in advising senior executives
- Resilient with ability to work autonomously and with ambiguity
- Experience in a large and complex corporation (preferred)
The Jetstar Group has airlines in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan and Vietnam. Since launch in 2004, we have grown from a team of 700 to 7,600 and have flown more than 200 million passengers. Collectively we now offer more than 4,200 flights a week to more than 80 destinations in 17 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region, with a fleet of more than 120 aircraft. Our vision is to make the world more accessible, and our mission is to set the standard for everyday low fares, fun travel and great value.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Melbourne, VIC, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-24