OverviewInfrastructure Planning Engineer Temporay in Leppington NSW
Branch Leppington NSW AU
Infrastructure Planning Engineer
Detailed understanding of contemporary engineering and environmental works such as Water Sensitive Urban Design….
The purpose of this role is to undertake infrastructure planning in the area. This includes project management in the development of strategic business cases, project planning, investigations, survey and design of civil infrastructure. To project manage external consultants, prepare detailed reports and specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with Development and Strategic Planning staff to identify current and future development activity to plan infrastructure in a coordinated manner with developments and utility providers.
- Manage the development of strategic business cases and project plans, for projects funded via the NSW Government’s Housing Acceleration Fund.
- To assist in the coordination and delivery of roads, drainage, community facilities and open space infrastructure, in a fragmented ownership framework.
- Manage investigations and field surveys, and manage designs including quantities and estimates for civil works including roads, drainage, traffic facilities, etc.
- Preparation of reports and Council reports for community consultation, Council and internal purposes.
- Investigate, evaluate, recommend, conclude and report on various engineering and environmental related matters.
- Liaise with the public to establish community wide opportunities to evaluate Council projects and community opinion of these project.
- Maintain current knowledge of legislation, policy and procedures that impact upon all aspects of the role.
- Other relevant duties which may be required by the Team Leader or Manager from time to time.
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering.
- Experience in the project management, investigation, survey, design and estimation of engineering projects, in particular, road, drainage, traffic, stormwater and environmental works.
- Detailed understanding of contemporary engineering and environmental works such as Water Sensitive Urban Design.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and achieve outcomes within budget and agreed time frames.
- Strong customer/community service focus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to relate well to internal and external clients.
- The ability to write analytical and logical reports drawing justified conclusions and strong negotiation skills.
- Class C Driver License.
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the residential development industry, and the development application process.
How to apply
To express your interest in this role please click the apply button below.
For a confidential conversation please call Mary on +61 2 9220 6924.
Location: Leppington, NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-25