OverviewIllawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District Medical Radiation Scientist (Diagnostic Radiographer – Level 2) Temporay in Shoalhaven NSW
Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District
Branch Shoalhaven NSW AU
Medical Radiation Scientist (Diagnostic Radiographer – Level 2)
A degree or equivalent in Medical Radiation Science – Medical Imaging, which will ensure eligibility for membership of the Australian Institute of Radiography….
To provide the best possible radiographic service, ensuring a high quality of patient care. This is necessary to ensure a “best practice” department with regard to the patients, visitors, medical and non-medical staff, and codes of practice. Participate in rotating roster (24/7) performing a range of medical imaging related services as part of a multi-disciplinary team and also working independently at times. Utilise imaging equipment in general, mobile, operating theatre and CT locations to produce optimal patient care and images with minimal radiation exposure complimented by a range of IT products including PACS, Radiology and Hospital Information Systems.
Opportunity exists for temporary Part Time position at Shoalhaven Hospital for a level 2 Radiographer.
This is a temporary Part time 17.5hpw maternity relief position until 12 March 2018 with the possibility of an extension at same/reduced hours
Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
An eligibility list will be created for future Temporary and Permanent Full-Time and Part-Time positions.
Please note: Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.
(Enter if WWCC check required)
Criminal record checks will be undertaken on successful applicants. This position is designated as child-related employment and you will be required to obtain a Working With Children clearance from the Office of the Children’s Guardian. To apply, please go to https://wwccheck.ccyp.nsw.gov.au/Applicants/Application#
1. A degree or equivalent in Medical Radiation Science – Medical Imaging, which will ensure eligibility for membership of the Australian Institute of Radiography.
2. A Validated Statement of Accreditation (VSoA) or equivalent as issued by the Australian Institute of Radiography.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
4. Demonstrate independent and significant professional knowledge and judgement to acquire and exhibit competency in all appropriate clinical tasks.
5. Evidence of participation in a Continuing Professional Development (CPD) program.
6. A willingness to continue further education.
7. A licence to operate radiation apparatus as issued by the NSW EPA.
8. Current Class C driver’s licence and/or the ability to attend remote sites in a timely manner by other forms of transport
This position requires a Working With Children Check (WWCC) issued by the Office of the Children’s Guardian.
For more information on how to apply for the clearance, please visit the Office of the Children’s Guardian website
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Shoalhaven, NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-18