OverviewIllawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District Health Promotion Officer – Childhood Obesity Temporay in Shoalhaven NSW
Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District
Branch Shoalhaven NSW AU
Health Promotion Officer – Childhood Obesity
Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following…
The Health Promotion Officer contributes to delivering a high quality health promotion service which aims to improve health and reduce health inequity. This position will assist in the delivery of the state-wide program of Healthy Children’s Initiative and overall and meet childhood obesity targets. This includes delivery of Munch and Move, Live Life Well and Go4Fun, in addition to other program areas in this portfolio.
This is a temporary full time maternity relief position until 18/5/2018 with the possibility of an extension at same/reduced hours .
Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
An eligibility list will be created for future temporary and permanent full-time and part-time positions.
Please note: Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.
1. Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or extensive work-related experience.
2. Demonstrated experience in population health and evidence based health promotion
3. Experience in planning, implementation and evaluating a health promotion project
4. Experience working in partnerships with government and/or non government
5. Experience working with disadvantaged communities and/or Aboriginal communities
6. Well developed oral and written communication and computer skills
7. Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team and ability to work independently to deliver agreed outcomes.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Shoalhaven, NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-14