OverviewHunter Councils Environment Division Regional Project Officer – Disaster Resilience Contract in Thornton NSW
Hunter Councils Environment Division
Branch Thornton NSW AU
Regional Project Officer – Disaster Resilience
The position offers a unique opportunity to work in a small, creative and committed team of environmental and natural resource management staff employed across…
Remuneration package up to $90,000 – $97,500 p.a. (incl. salary, super & private use motor vehicle); 18-month, full-time contract (possibility of extension)
- Apply your skills and experience to improve the resilience of Councils and Community Service Organisations to natural disasters
- Base yourself in the beautiful Hunter region of NSW
- Work directly with a range of partner and stakeholder organisations including local councils, state government agencies, emergency management authorities and Community Service Organisations
The Hunter Councils Environment Division (HCED) is part of the Hunter Joint Organisation of Councils. It provides environmental management support, services, and programs to eleven member councils located across the Hunter, Central Coast, and Mid Coast region of NSW.
This position will be responsible for delivering two projects funded through the NSW Government’s State-wide Emergency Management Projects (SEMP) & Community Resilience Innovation Program (CRIP).
The position offers a unique opportunity to work in a small, creative and committed team of environmental and natural resource management staff employed across a variety of project areas. It is an interesting role that will provide considerable variety, exposure and ability to work with a wide range of stakeholder organisations across the Hunter region and NSW more broadly.
If you require more information about this position please contact:
Deputy Director Environment Division
(available between 10th – 13th April and 26th -28th April 2017)
– phone: (02) 4978 4026
– email: [email protected]
download the full Position Description
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, applicants are required to email the following documents to HCED:
- A short cover letter outlining how you are suitable for the role
- A current resume and details of 2 workplace referees
- A concise written response to each essential and desirable criterion . Please respond to each with 1-2 paragraphs that use examples which demonstrate how your experience, skills or knowledge meet each criterion
Please note Applications that do not provide the above documents WILL NOT be assessed.
Applications are to be emailed to [email protected]
Closing date is 5pm Friday, 28 April 2017.
21 Apr 2017
28 Apr 2017
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Thornton, NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-22