OverviewHudson Media Adviser Contract in Melbourne VIC
Branch Melbourne VIC AU
Contribute editorial expertise in the writing and editing of publications prepared by business units within the Department. 3A/23818….
Reference: 3A/23818 Posted on: 12/04/2017 Job type: Temporary/Contract
Large State Government Department
Immediate start – 2 month contract
VPS4 Equivalent Rate – $49-56 ph + super
Seeking two Media Advisers to be based within the Media team of the Strategic Communication Branch of this Large State Government Department.
I have two roles on offer
- both for an immediate start til June 14.
- Research and prepare media releases, speeches and other material for media events
- Proactively promote initiatives and policies through the media and respond to media enquiries
- Prepare and review reports on media coverage
- Develop and implement effective communication strategies to inform the public and key stakeholders of issues and policies
- Assist with organising and coordinating ministerial and departmental events where required
- Represent the Strategic Communication Branch at ministerial and departmental events where required
- Build and maintain effective professional relationships with ministerial offices, senior executive, department staff and other key stakeholders
- Contribute editorial expertise in the writing and editing of publications prepared by business units within the Department
- Be team oriented and self-motivated, with a strong work ethic and a “can do” approach in the workplace.
- Written Communication
- Produce a range of complex reports and recommendations on relevant issues, which are evidence based, and provide a sound basis for decision making.
- Verbal Communication
- Verbal communication with internal and external stakeholders, customers, peers, managers and subordinates is vital to ensure a common understanding of information, issues and concepts.
- Stakeholder Management
- Establishes relationships with stakeholders, develops effective stakeholder-oriented responses, and assesses, develops and negotiates innovative solutions to complex issues.
- A tertiary qualification in journalism, public relations or other communication-related discipline is desirable.
The Media Adviser provides communication support and advice to the department’s business units, senior executives and ministerial offices.
Other: The roles will include at least one day early start 7am to 3pm for media monitoring duties, (training provided) otherwise normal business hours.
Why apply with Hudson? Wondering which agency to contact for your next contracting role? At Hudson, we value our contractors. We hope for a long and lasting relationship with you. You are not just another application to us. We work hard to offer you exceptional opportunities over and again, searching extensively for the best fit for both you and our client! Want to know more? Apply now!
How to Apply: To submit your application, please click Apply Now! For a confidential discussion, please contact Renee Noble at Hudson in Melbourne on 03 9623 6794.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Melbourne, VIC, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-15