OverviewHorizon Power Health & Safety Advisor Contract in Carnarvon WA
Branch Carnarvon WA AU
Health & Safety Advisor
Safety and health related meetings; Sound knowledge of safety management system. Associated with the management of workplace safety &….
Reporting to the Regional Manager – Midwest, the Safety & Health Advisor – Safety & Health Management System (SHMS) Implementation Program, will be responsible for the Midwest implementation of the Horizon Power’s SHMS. The position will provide advice, assistance, coaching and mentoring to the Midwest region for the sustainable implementation and application of the SHMS to comply with relevant Acts, Regulations and Codes of Practice. This role is a fixed term position and residential to the town of Carnarvon.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Deliver and effectively satisfy the activities and milestones of SHMS implementation program;
- Provide specialist advice, action, support, coaching and mentoring to the Midwest business on safety & health matters;
- Assist and support the Midwest business in effective incident management and investigation, including actioning of investigation outcomes;
- Plan, develop and implement Midwest business documentation and tools relevant to the requirement of the SHMS implementation program;
- Deliver effective training, coaching and mentoring of SHMS requirements to ensure sustainable system implementation and application;
- Plan and conduct audits on Midwest region contractors relevant to their safety and health management plans;
- Plan and conduct workplace safety and health inspections;
- Attend and actively participate in the Midwest regions safety and health related meetings;
- Deliver monthly performance report on the SHMS implementation program;
- Maintain effective workplace relationships with business stakeholders, and
- Maintain and promote least cost and efficient safety and health support to the business.
About the Person
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Minimum Certificate IV in Work Health & Safety or equivalent;
- Sound knowledge of safety management system implementation;
- Valid Western Australian Driver License (C-Class minimum);
- Sound knowledge of statutory and non-statutory legislation associated with the management of workplace safety & health;
- Developed and refined practices in workplace coaching and mentoring for safety & health;
- Developed and refined auditing capability against safety management system requirements;
- A sound understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Lead ICAM Incident Investigator;
- High level communication and reporting skills required to communicate effectively with Senior Managers via numerous means;
- Implementation, promotion and maintenance of employee safety consultation and engagement processes;
- Hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control, and
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Safety & Health Advisor role in the Electricity Supply Industry, Construction Industry or Resources, Mining or Oil & Gas Industry.
Applications close 6pm on Friday 5 May 2017.
We reserve the right to withdraw this advert prior to the closing date.
Horizon Power is proud to be an employer of Indigenous Australians. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Carnarvon, WA, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-23