OverviewHear and Say Centre Speech Pathologist or Teacher of Deaf – Nambour Temporay in Nambour QLD
Hear and Say Centre
Branch Nambour QLD AU
Speech Pathologist or Teacher of Deaf – Nambour
Nambour QLD 4560
Availability to travel and current drivers licence required. Be part of the Hear and Say team who make miracles happen….
Be part of the Hear and Say team who make miracles happen. We give families of deaf children the resources and support to teach their child to listen and speak. The gift of voice allows these children to realise their full potential so their dreams become a reality. Hear and Say is also expanding their services to build a stronger community by intervening early to support those affected by hearing loss.
This 12 month contract role will manage a clinical case load in the provision of the Listening and Spoken Language Program as well as be involved in the new programs’ service delivery. We invite you to apply if you have –
· Relevant tertiary qualification, ideally certified as a practicing member with Speech Pathology Australia and minimum of 2 years work experience in paediatric hearing impairment preferred or ideally with a strong understanding and appreciation of and the Auditory-Verbal Therapy approach. Graduates with work experience in paediatric hearing impairment will also be considered.
· A professional but family focussed approach, with demonstrated ability to liaise effectively with a diverse range of people as well as have a very good rapport with children.
· Comfortable in working flexibly within a variety of service delivery models and in a multi-disciplinary environment.
· Strong report writing and data collection skills with a commitment to evidence-based practice principles.
· Proficient and comfortable in using iPads, Zoom, Skype and new technologies as well as an intermediate skill level in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
· Good time management and organisational skills.
· Highly motivated with sound interpersonal and communication skills so has the ability to work effectively in a team or independently.
· Demonstrated ability to build relationships and be an influential advocate for Hear and Say.
· Availability to travel and current drivers licence required.
Please go to http://www.hearandsay.com.au/AboutUs/Careers/ for the full position description or call Jessica Balfour Ogilvy on 07 3850 2111 for further details. Please submit your resume and covering letter addressing the selection criteria.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Nambour, QLD, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-18